12

Jisoo's POV

I'm waiting for Lisa about 30 mins now.  We are going to Bukchon by her car. I insisted to go there by train but she said, "it's crowded and irritating. I will drive fast don't worry."

I look at my wrist watch. It's already 11:30 A.M. It will take almost 4 and half hours to arrive there. I was about to call her, when a black Mercedes stopped infront of me.

"Sorry sorry! I just signed an important file. Let's go now." Lisa apologize before  coming to me.

"It's okay. You brought a driver?" I asked, looking at the middle aged man in the driver's seat.

"Oh yes! He is from Bukchon. So he knows the way very well." She said as the driver smiled at me.

"We are already late. Let's just start our journey." I suggested as we get in the car.

My mind is full of Jennie's thoughts. What if she isn't there? Where will I search her? My head hurts searching for the answers. I rarely cry, that's why it gives me more stress.

I feel a poke on my arm. I turned to Lisa, "what?"

"Don't stress Jisooya." She pat my shoulder, giving me an encouraging smile.

"I'm glad that I have a friend like you Lisa. Thank you so much." I said holding her hand.

She hold back my hand, "always welcome. I'll always be by your side."

Her eyes are warm and magnetic. I look at our hands. She giggled, "see? You are really small. Even your hands looks like a baby's hand."

I glared at her. "You're the freaking giant here duh!"

"Oh come on you chi--" my phone started to ring.

It's my mom calling. Lisa peeked at my phone.

"It's your mom? Receive it. She must be not angry anymore." She said.

I received the call. "Hello mom?"

"Jisoo! Where are you? Come to the hospital right now!" Mom said panicked.

I'm dumbfounded. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Your d-dad.. he had a severe brain stroke.." mom sobbed.

My heart dropped, "I.. I'm coming." I hung up the call.

"W-what happened?" Lisa asked.

"My d-dad had a brain stroke. We need to get back as soon as possible." I clenched jaws to stop myself from crying.

Lisa suddenly pulled me in a tight hug. She caress my back, "he will be fine. Please be strong. I'm here if you need any help."

I didn't cried, just stayed in her warm embrace. She told the driver to go to the hospital. I don't know why everything is going in the wrong way.

.
.
.
.

We arrived at the hospital. I run towards the emergency ward. I see mom sitting and sobbing. I go to her.

"M-mom.."

"Jisoo.. your dad.. I don't what.. h-how.." she start to cry again. I hug her tightly.

I want to cry badly but if I break down right now, mom will break more. I look at Lisa, who is silently watching us.

"Mom.. I'll just talk to the doctors. Don't think too much, dad will be okay." I said then walked towards Dr. Ji-hoon's chamber.

Lisa followed me as well. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard him.

"Hello Ji-hoon. How's my dad?"

"Oh Jisoo.. I'm preparing for a surgery. The stroke is severe. I think it happened because of excessive stress and shock. Is there something going on with your father?" He asked.

"I don't know. I was busy with my work. Is he i-in danger?" I asked. My voice is shaking in fear.

"Be strong Jisoo. I'll do my best." He said before leaving the room.

I felt Lisa pat my back. "Let's pray for the best."

I go to mom and sit down beside her. I want to know how this happened. My father never had any chronic illness.

"Mom why is it happened? Tell me please."

Mom wiped her tears, "actually our company accused for not paying tax. It's a huge amount, also there's someone filed a case for us copying others designs. The shareholders take back their shares. Bank won't give us loan."

"How the fuck it happened!? Dad can never do anything illegal! Due tax? It's impossible!" I burst out in anger.

"Jisoo calm down." Lisa tried to calm me.

"No! They are literally staining my father's name as well as our company. Why is it going all wrong!?" I'm beyond frustrated.

All of these problems are going to burst my head.

"Jisoo listen.. if you want I can talk to my father. Maybe he can help. I could have helped you but my dad is still the president of our company." She said.

"No I don't want to give you any problem. Others might think I'm using you." I said the truth.

She looks angry, "what are you saying? I don't care about others! I'm your friend and I want to help you. If you still deny then I'll think you don't think of me as a friend."

"N-no Lisa it's not like that." I said holding her hand before she leave.

Honestly I don't have any friends right now to lean on except Lisa. I don't want to lose her.

"Okay.. but you'll let me talk to your father." I said.

"Of course." She said then pulled me in a hug, "please don't feel down. Your father will be fine. And I'll try my best to return your company to you." She caress my back. It's soothing as I snuggled closer a bit, wanting her warmth more.

_________________________________________

40 votes again!