The Trip

Cecily took a deep breath, reveling in the chaos that was New York. She had never thought she'd come back - especially not this soon. But everything they had found led them back here. She looked around, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. The wig was uncomfortable, but necessary. As were the sunglasses even though it was overcast. While part of her was soaring to be back somewhere familiar, the other part was worried.

All it would take is one person recognizing her.

She had spent the entire plane ride - surprise, surprise, Demetri had chartered them a private jet - going over everything they had found so far. She, Alice, and Rosalie had probably murdered a few trees making copies and printing everything out. They had both hard copies and everything on a USB, ready to drop it off to Gabe once they got the last bit that they needed in New York.

Demetri had met them on the tarmac for private flights, a pair of sunglasses on and once again donning his usual, stylish suit. He then led them through the private terminal and was now guiding them over to a group of drivers holding signs.

"Don't worry. It'll be fine," Demetri said from her side as he smiled down at her, sensing her inner turmoil.

It still bugged Cecily that he had gotten so good at reading her in a relatively short amount of time. He then looked towards a man holding up a sign that read "Mr. Hastings."

"That our ride?" Rosalie asked, following behind the two with Emmett, Edward, and Alice.

There had been a small argument over who would go this time - they didn't want to draw too much attention, after all. But Alice had put her foot down and insisted she wasn't staying home again. Emmett rationally argued that they might need some muscle. And well, no one wanted to go without Edward and his nifty little mind-reading trick. So, in the end, everyone was now coming. Cecily was surprised that Jasper hadn't come as well - he always seemed to go wherever Alice did.

"Yes," Demetri said coolly. "I've booked us rooms at The Plaza."

"Nice," Cecily said, glancing up at him. "Always wondered what it would be like to stay there."

A couple hours later, they had checked in and convened in a large suite that Demetri had claimed for himself and Cecily, much to the redhead's chagrin

A couple hours later, they had checked in and convened in a large suite that Demetri had claimed for himself and Cecily, much to the redhead's chagrin. However, she rationalized that they'd likely use it as a sort of headquarters since it wasn't like they needed to sleep anyway. Everyone else was just a floor below.

"So what's the game plan?" Emmett asked.

"Nothing for today. But I managed to track the cousin and discovered that he's meeting with someone at a club tomorrow night," he said, glancing at Cecily. "Someone who just might be the connection to the politicians that you were looking for."

"So, tonight we just... relax?" Cecily asked, glancing up at him. He nodded.

"And plan, I suppose," he said. Cecily nodded and looked to the ground.