Mamma Eda

"Luz what did you see?"

Luz ran to me and hugged me around the waist. King stayed at the door and gripped the frame. "Eda what's wrong?"

"I don't know." I admitted. I pulled Luz to my side and I kept my arm around her as she clung to me. 

"Come on kid." I pulled her to the couch and moved a bone so she could sit.

"I helped him." She whispered.

" Well yeah. You made sure he was with you when you guys got out-"

"No I mean I helped Him." Tears? Oh boy.

"Sh sh it's ok." I pet her head and I reached for the little keychain thing that she used to talk to Boots.

"Need your girlfriend?" I held it up and shook it reminding her of it.

"No I want mama." Geeze lock me out during a boiling rain why dontcha.

"I see."

"I don't think I'm ready to talk about it"

"Ok Luz. Why don't you go to bed. It's getting late and you're tired."

She nodded and slowly headed for the stairs. She turned on the first step. "Eda?"

"Yeah kid?"

" Thank you for being in my life too."

She walked to her room. King was still at the door.

"Is Luz gonna be ok?"

I pat next to me and he scurried over to the couch. Hooty pecked at the window. "You need anything Eda?"

"Apple blood you know how I like it."

"Ma'am"

King sat on my lap. "Luz?"

"We'll wait till she's ready." I stared at the white cloak that the kid had left behind. I hoped that the blonde would be ok.

_____________________________________________

Hunter woke to the sound of monstrous screaming. He jerked up and the curtain fell away from his shoulders. He frantically looked around for Flapjack.

His first thoughts were. "This area is not safe. Get Flapjack out of there. Get out of there." He looked around. He was not in danger. He was not discovered. Flapjack was fine. They were safe.

Flapjack fluttered but his hand and pulled at the glove.

Chirp.

" No you can't I'll just go-"

Chirp

"I'm not even that hungry. And it's my job to take care of you"

Chirp

"But I- you know that's actually a good point." Hunter accepted the defeat and Flapjack snuck through the cracked open door. "Please be careful"