Chapter 7

You were the first one to wake-up. Felicia's legs draped over yours, she was still out cold and you knew she'd had a rough night. Kingpin had asked her to inspect Olivia's Octavius lab since he had already seen that Hammer's neutralizers didn't work. Although you knew that it wasn't ideal, you didn't put a fight regarding what she would do, especially after she had told you her mission and had been helping you get more and more information on Kingpin to build a case, although she hadn't managed to find out what The Prowler had been looking for when they invaded the Compound. You had spent all afternoon and the early night of the day prior reviewing the footage that you had managed to get from the warehouses and tried to identify people and weapons as you could.

She had been helping, a lot.

Although Tony still didn't know much about Felicia and was still somehow upset about what had happened in the Compound (not that he knew what you had been doing, although he suspected it), he had managed to convince Cap to let your research on Frisk (always with a low profile) so when the other Avengers arrived, you could have more people backing your case against Kingpin.

Much to Fury's disdain.

Therefore, although you disapproved of a few of Felicia's activities, you still waited for her in her small apartment. When she arrived late in the night, taking off her suit and simply plumping into the bed while you peppered soft kisses on her jaw as she fell asleep; you felt somehow okay and happy about what had been going on between the two of you.

It wasn't like you were anything official, you hadn't really discussed your relationship since that day on the rooftop but Felicia had been touchier than before, more caring, asking more questions about your work on Stark Industries that didn't involve avenging, even asking about Harley and Peter's friends. At first, you were a bit apprehensive but only because you felt somehow the itch of suspicion that Peter had planted on you, but you tried to push it away and went with the flow, if it meant that it would somehow strengthen your relationship with Felicia, it would be okay, right?

You tried your very best to get up from the bed without disturbing her, making your way to her desk where your clothes had been placed while you waited for her to come back, in the meanwhile you took a pair of sweatpants from her that were a bit tight but you didn't care. You reached for your phone, noticing Peter's and Harley's texts, telling you not to forget that today you were going to review the repulsor technology that Harley had been working on. Plus, today was also your 'Peter day', at least that's what Felicia called it a couple of times.

It had been around two weeks since the attack on the Compound and things were a bit awkward between Peter and you, to say the least. Peter was hurting and a part of you hated yourself for causing him so much pain, therefore you tried not to bring Felicia up when you were working with Peter and you tried to be a good friend but not as close as you had been days prior. You hated it, you hated acting that way but you didn't know how better handle what was going on between the two of you, knowing that maybe bringing up his feelings would only harm him more. In all honesty, you felt like you had been avoiding confronting the fact that he had told you that he loved you, you were avoiding trying to see how you felt with his confession while you were also with someone else.

It would've been an understatement to say that it broke Peter's heart but he also got why you were acting like that, and honestly, after a few days of feeling blue, Peter had decided that it was better to have you as a friend than not having you on his life. Especially, after he recalled how empty he felt when you were gone as if someone had ripped a part of his heart and stole it. Not that Felicia hadn't stolen you away, in Peter's eyes. He knew it wasn't fair for him to be jealous of her, he knew it wasn't fair for him to frown whenever you would smile at her texts, it wasn't fair that he sometimes followed you to Felicia's apartment to make sure that you were okay and then feeling anger bubbling up in his chest once you entered the building and his Spidey senses went off.