Chapter 14

"You love me?" Y/n swallowed hard, staring at the smaller brunette next to her.

"Yes, I do. I was just scared since we had only been official for a couple of months and I was afraid that it would push you away." Camila's eyes were glossy and a distinct shakiness was detectable in her voice.

Y/n paused, taking a moment to gather her thoughts before responding and leaning back in shock. Seconds ticked by like hours as Camila stared up at Y/n, desperate to hear something, absolutely anything, from the silent singer.

"Please Y/n. Say something." The Cuban was actually panicking now, thinking that she'd been so stupid to bring this up now and couldn't imagine losing the other woman because of her obvious slip up.

As the silence between them grew, Camila averted her gaze downwards at their intertwined hands, praying to the universe that she hadn't completely fucked everything up.

"I love you too."

Time stopped as the Cuban's eyes shot upwards towards the sound of Y/n's voice. Air was sucked from Camila's lungs as hope blossomed in her chest. Had she heard the words correctly?

"What?" She whispered, needing to hear them once more.

"I love you, Camila Cabello. It's always been you since the day we met. I love your smile. The way your eyes light up when you talk about something you're passionate about. I love the way you talk because, god, I don't think you'll ever understand what your voice does to me. I could go on for days, but I won't since I don't want to bore you."

Y/n chuckled and wiped away a few tears that had escaped Camila's eyes.

"What I do want you to know for sure is that when I met you, everything changed, and I'm so glad it did. I truly believe that during our lifetimes, we meet people that touch our hearts in one way or another; but you Camila? You touched it in a way that made me feel seen, wanted, and safe. I just hope I can make you truly happy, because you're the reason I am. I've never been one to believe in love at first sight, but all I know is that when I saw you for the first time, I belonged to you completely."

The artist finished her long confession and looked into the watery brown eyes. Camila bit down on her bottom lip to hold in the torrent of emotions that threatened to come out and, instead, cupped Y/n's face with both hands.

"I love you too. More than you'll ever know."

The two women met each other halfway in a passionate kiss, the bustling house and chatter fading into the background as they felt their lungs burn and stomachs erupt into a mess of butterflies.

Though the timing of this intimate moment could have been better, it reminded Y/n of what love was to her: chaotic and unpredictable.

There was no order to it all, but rather an unspoken promise that no matter how much time had passed nor what life threw at them, they would be there for each other every step of the way.

Y/n pulled back, resting her forehead against Camila's as reality came crashing back, the sounds of the party inside flooding back to her ears. The brunette sat down sideways in the singer's lap, letting her exposed legs stretch out as she hung onto Y/n's neck and leaned in for another kiss.

"I take it everything went well?" A male voice broke the serene scene and both artists looked up to see Shawn and all five women standing there, smirking.

"You little shits planned this, didn't you?" Y/n joked, a little too happy to be actually upset.

"Yeah, and it fucking worked. You're welcome, by the way. Camila here thought that you couldn't possibly feel the same way towards her so she wouldn't say anything until you did." Dinah snorted as she took a sip of her margarita.