Breathe

EMMY POV
I hear footsteps walking around in the hallway.

I look around and find myself lying in my bed. Wait a minute, wasn't I in the studio with Dad earlier, how did I get up here?

"There you are Sweetie!" I hear a voice say, I look over to the door and see Brendon standing at the doorway.

"Hi dad? How did I get here, I thought I was in the studio with you?" I question.

"Oh, you fell asleep in there and I brought you up here" he says looking strange.

"Oh" I mumble. "Well now since you're awake let's go" Brendon tells me.

I get up from my bed and I slowly start walking to him until suddenly dad collapses on the floor and start gasping for air.

"Daddy? Daddy!? No, you're fine!! Daddy I'm sorry! Stay with me it's all my fault! I shouldn't be too harsh on you!" I scream as I shake Brendon awake but he's unconscious. Then suddenly I feel very faint and eventually see darkness.

I jerk myself awake and find myself hooked to all types of things in a hospital bed.

"Oh my gosh! Sarah call for the nurse!" Brendon shouts as I hear Sarah's footsteps taking off.

"Shh, it's alright Baby, I'm here" Brendon says shushing me as he rubs my head.

Suddenly a team of doctors come in and pushes Brendon and Sarah outside.

"Sir, Ma'am please wait out here while we work on your daughter" I hear them say until I hear everything muffled.

Next thing you know, I felt myself being electrified as I feel my chest jump up again and everyone stops panicking.

"Welcome back Ms. Urie" I hear the doctor say. A nurse comes over and removes the breathing tube that was down my throat. I start to gasp for air then I start choking.

"EMMY! you're fine baby" Sarah says rubbing my head now.

"I'm fine. dad, breathe" I say as I feel faint. I try to reach my arm out to Brendon but I couldn't feel anything or my right side in particular.

I start to tear up, but hide it by using my left arm to grab Brendon and gently rub his hand to calm him.

"I'm fine, breathe for me. daddy. I'm right here and I'm fine" I slur as I fight to stay awake.

BRENDON POV

All I could remember in the moment was Emmy's eyes opening and then her heart rate going up and the monitor beeping.

I shout for Sarah to call a nurse while I try to reassure Emmy that she is fine. Then I get pushed away by some doctors as they try to save Emmy.

Five minutes later, the team of doctors leave except for Emmy's doctor that fills us in with the detail of her being awake and let's us in to see her.

I quickly rush over to her as I hear her coughing as they remove the tube from her throat.

She looks so exhausted and looks like she'll faint any moment.

I hold my breath as I see the sight of her and I think she noticed my ghost face because she tells me to breathe and that she's fine as she pulls over my hand and rubs it gently.

I start tearing up seeing my baby trying so hard to fight off her tiredness.

"Shh it's okay baby. Rest. Mommy and Daddy will be right here when you wake up again" I tell her as I kiss the back of her palm as she fights to stay awake. A few moments later, she shuts her eyes and goes to sleep.