suzie, do you copy?

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Daylight┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ don't wanna keep secrets, act two

•°✧ ˚ ━ don't wanna keep secrets, act two

CHAPTER ONE — suzie, do you copy?

I'm awoken from my nap by my sister offering to let me join her and The Party for their movie date in about twenty minutes. "Pass. I am not on babysitting duty and have no urge to move at the moment."

"Fair enough. But you're hanging out with me within the next few days. It's been a month since summer began and we've barely seen each other."

"Ah yes. The unfortunate side to having boyfriends." I smile. "Have fun." I say as she leaves my bedroom. Exhaustion starts to take over again. Sleep during summer break is always limited, but lately when I do sleep, it's not long before I wake up in a sweat from a nightmare that consists of the same key factor. A man. The same one every time and I have no clue who he is or what my subconscious is trying to convey with the dreams. Instead of fighting it, I allow sleep to consume me, relaxing into my mattress once more...

I'm running through the woods as fast as my feet can carry, constantly looking behind me for whatever I am running from. At this point, I'm not sure I can identify the very thing that has me terrified. I see a house not too far in the distance and push myself to run faster, only for the distance to increase. When I realize that I'm not making any progress, I stop, and take a breather. I turn to face my fate only to find nothing there. My shoulders relax and I return my gaze to the house and prepare to walk the rest of the way. As my trek begins, I feel a rush of wind blow past my face and a man appears before me. His eyes are a yellow-gold color and veins are visible underneath them; he's holding something out to me. It seems as though the man is flickering in and out of clarity. I can finally make out what's in his hand and it's something covered in blood. I take a step forward, trying to get a better look, when I can finally place it. It's a heart. Human or otherwise, it's creepy. I start to breathe rapidly, fear coursing through me once again. I start to run away from him, before tripping and falling into mud...

I awake in my bed, sweating, and breathing heavily. Just a bad dream. That's all it was. An extremely vivid and twisted nightmare. I look at my alarm clock and the time reads '2:47 am.' Great. A huff escapes my lips, as I sit up and run a hand through my hair. I remove my phone from the hook and start dialing.

Hello?

Hey, sorry to wake you, I know that you have work in the morning. I just-

Don't apologize. What's wrong?

Why do you think something's wrong?

For one, you're calling me at three in the morning and for two, I can practically hear you messing with your hair.