CHAPTER FOUR: What To Do

***NIJI POV***

"I told you I wasn't crazy!"

Yonji threw his arms up, the energy bar in his hand nearly coming loose from the wrapper and flying off across my room. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I scowled.

"Keep it down, and quit getting crumbs on my floor." I muttered, not wanting to admit that he had been right. He had told me about his experience with the new maid, and wanting to prove him wrong, I had gone to check her out for myself. Now we had to get the entire laundry room replaced.

"There's something wrong with her. For real, I think we might be allergic to her! Like how Devil Fruit users are allergic to sea water and sea stone!" My younger brother seemed so sure of himself, and I was about to take pleasure in crushing his hypothesis to dust.

"We don't have allergies, dumbass. Besides, Devil Fruit weilders aren't- You know what? I'm not even gonna bother explaining that to you." Crossing one leg over the other, I leaned back, using my palms to keep me upright at the end of my bed. "Still, there's definitely something weird about her. We should tell Ichiji, and get his input."

"No way, no how!" Yonji shook his head quickly, taking a large bite of his energy bar and not taking the time to swallow before he continued. "He'll think we're weak, and I'm not about to get lectured for an allergy I can't control!"

Give me the strength to not snap his neck here and now...

Whilst our ailments had well and truly dissipated, I still felt wrong somehow, and Yonji had begrudgingly admitted that he was in the same boat. Part of me still had the suspicion that we were in the midst of a test, but I couldn't be certain until I had more information.

"Well, what so you suppose we do about it? Kill her?" It seemed like the easiest solution, but I would have been lying if I had said I wasn't interested in finding more out before ending her pathetic life.

Making his way to the window, Yonji reached to tap his fingers against the glass, leaving very obvious, unsightly smudges in their wake as he hummed.
"Not yet. I still want a piece of that ass of hers, and corpses aren't my thing. I say we go force her secrets out of her."

For once, Yonji seemed to be using his brain, and I nodded along in agreement with everything he said.
"Alright, then we'll go get her." Uncrossing my legs, my hands slapped against my knees before I stood up, but I didn't get much further than that.

"Get who?"

Both my and Yonji's heads snapped to look towards the doorway, where Ichiji stood with his arms crossed, curled brow raised in question.

Why did that startle me..?

"The new maid girl. We both took turns toying with her before." I recovered much quicker than Yonji did, but he soon followed.
"You should see her. Kinda plain in the face, but man, that ass!" Shoving the remainder of the bar - and wrapper - into his mouth, he cupped his hands to the air and squeezed.

"You can screw around with her later. Father wants us on a mission not too far from here, and we need to get the details. Just order her to your rooms when we get back." Waving off our brother's immaturity, Ichiji turned and left as silently as he had come, and we followed him obediently.

Damn, this is gonna piss me off even more now that I have to wait.

I hardly paid any attention during the mission briefing, and it was obvious that Yonji wasn't either by the way he seemed to be digging for gold within his ear canals.

Was I on edge, or was I calm? I couldn't really tell anymore. I had hated what that woman had done to me, but at the same time I kind of wanted to experience it again, if nothing more than to try and figure out for myself just exactly what it was.