CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Good To You

"You're always on time. Eager to see me, or are you just going to say it's because it was technically an order?"

Ichiji's greeting threw me a little, but I could handle it. At least for now. His manner of flirting was difficult to combat, and he definitely knew it well.

"I've always been punctual." I replied truthfully, allowing him to slide my jacket from my body and toss it aside to be forgotten. Just as he had told me to, I had worn the outfit he had bought me on our little outing. The one that complimented his raid suit.

Even though I couldn't see his eyes, I could feel his gaze eating me up, and it was a heavy feeling. Not bad, but not great, either. Intimidating. That was what Ichiji exuded.

"I've missed you coming to see me like this. You've been putting me on the back burner lately." He sighed, somewhat woefully, as he walked over to the russet armchair in his room, sitting himself down and crossing his legs. I remained where I was.
"I didn't mean to, Your Highness. Really. There's been a lot going on..."

Like Niji's breakdown...and what happened between me and Yonji...but I'm sure you probably know all about that...

He always seemed to know. Had that dropper snail been the only one he had hidden, or was he just good at figuing stuff out? I wasn't sure, and I definitely wasn't about to ask.

"It's fine. You're here now, and that's what matters. I trust you have nothing else to do tonight?" His tone was incredibly polite, but there was something else mixed in. I couldn't decide whether it was sinister or seductive.

"No, Your Highness. I finished my duties a few hours ago..." I replied, shifting my weight from foot to foot. I felt like I had to be somewhat formal with him. I knew I'd likely not get into trouble if I slipped up, but I wasn't about to chance it. He was still an enigma to me, and Judge's pride and joy.

Uncrossing his legs, Ichiji patted his knee in invitation, the candlelight flickering in the glass of his shades. 
"Come. Take a seat. I assure you, it's comfortable." 

I'm sure it is…but…

There were no buts. Unlike his brothers, Ichiji hadn't given me permission to utilise my free will, or even address him by name. Our dynamic was still mostly master and servant. 

Hesitantly, I approached him with my head down, following his order and seating myself in his lap, my legs off to the side. 
"No, I mean like this." Moving my legs, Ichiji used his other hand to shift my waist, physically directing me to sit with my back to him. "There. Isn't that better?" 

It was comfortable, I had to admit, but his voice speaking directly into my ear had me feeling some type of way. Whenever we were alone, he always used such a sweet, sugary tone, like one would use to speak to some kind of beloved pet. 

He had no shame, I soon found out, feeling the swell within his pants directly beneath me, and I couldn't help but utter a squeak when he leaned back, bringing me with him. We weren't horizontal, but in a relaxed position, lounging in the russet armchair. 

"Uh…is this why you invited me to your room, Your Highness..? To cuddle..?" I had no issue with that, if it were the case, but something told me that wasn't all. The man liked to keep his secrets, even when they involved me. 

With a low, drawn out hum, Ichiji ran his free hand from my knee, all the way up until it was just shy of my left breast, his other hand still stationed at my waist. 
"Do you care for me?" He asked out of the blue, and I tried to turn my head enough to look at him, despite being in a right fluster. 

"O..of course I do. I care about you, and-"
"How much? I want you to tell me." His habit of cutting me short hadn't died, and he put me right on the spot, fingers making sure to distract me by brushing against my ribs.