The finale

~Sakura Pov~

I shook with fear. Zabuza stood in front of Kakashi. I began to doubt we would live through this. I remembered the private sessions Kiwayo had given me.

Flashback

"Kiwayo, wait up!" I yelled as she walked futher and further oblivous to the fact I was calling to her. I had known her for about 2 months. She had risen to the top of the class in that short time. She was at first stiff around most of the class except for me. I don't know why but I really liked her as well. I found that I was grateful to have a friend, someone else to focus on other than Sasuke. The love I had for Sasuke will always persist but I realized that who you like isn't all there is to life.

Kiwayo had always been an inspiration to me. She had stood tall and tried her hardest to fit in. I had finally caught up to Kiwayo.

"Sakura. How are you?" She asked me with a smile.

"Good, would train me!" I bowed my head and looked at Kiwayo hoping she would say yes. I had always been more of a brains person but I would like to be able to be more powerful. That was the beginning of her training me. I would try harder in school and as much as I would dote over  Sasuke I started taking more interest in other things.

One particular afternoon we had been working on a specific jutsu for hours trying to perfect it but I just couldn't.

"Sakura I think the main problem you have is you are not bold enough. You need to get out there make your impact so when the time comes you can do something." At the time I had just nodded. As the training went by I started to understand what she had meant.

Now was the time to use that advice. Kakashi-sensei was down and Sasuke and Naruto hadn't done anything yet.

"Guard Tazuna!" I yelled at Sasuke and Naruto who both gave me a little bit of a shocked expression. I had to help Kakashi I had to do something. I rushed activating the jutsu creating multiple clones and then I sent kunai and surikan in many direction many were illusions. A few flew past him. I rushed at him and threw the final kunai it hit the paper bomb that had flown with one of the kunai and it activated the bombs on the other kunai.

"We got him." I shouted. He must of been blown up no one could survive that. I was wrong he was upon me within seconds. His kunai traced my throat. It wasn't deep enough to kill me instantaneously. A knife then hit my abdominal. I felt life fleeting from me.

"I failed Kiwayo." I whispered even though she wasn't here. I felt a pair of warm arms around me. It was Naruto. I coughed up blood all over him. His orange jumpsuit was soiled red.

"I'm sorry for being so mean Naruto. Do great things." Black spots at that point clouded my vision.

"Dammit Sakura don't die." It was Sasuke. Horror had stricken his eyes. He was obviously scared of losing someone else even if I was an obnoxious fan-girl.

"Do the village proud in my place. Tell Kiwayo thank  you." As I chocked out those last few word blood overran my throat. Naruto let out an inhuman howl and Sasuke stood there in shock. I  heard Zabuza laughing at the pain of my teammate. I was then swallowed into a black abyss.

Prologue

With both Sakura and Kiwayo gone from team 7 Naruto and Sasuke grew close brought together by a common tradgy. They continued on until both Naruto and Sasuke left the village to bring justice to Sasuke's brother, Itachi.

For weeks after their deaths Naruto lost sight of everything he had held dear. Sasuke and Naruto comforted sharing each other's pain. They formed a bond as deep as brothers.

When Itachi was dead they returned to the leaf village to eventually have Naruto become hokage and Sasuke the head of the root anbu. (What ever Danzo was.)