Chapter 54

"Souls don't meet by accident"
_______________________________

*Valencia's POV*
One night before the wedding. One night before my wedding. Seating on the edge of my bed, I felt my heart pounding fast. I looked around the room taking a deep breath when my eyes landed on the wedding dress standing impeccable on the corner of the room. Shoes and accessories waiting for me too by its side.

Married. I would be married this time tomorrow, bound to Emiliano forever, bound to him for the rest of our lives. It seemed incredibly long and far from now and I wondered if what we had was strong enough to handle the toss of time. My mind wandering off to places it shouldn't have as I doubted our every step, every moment that brought us to this day. He was sent to kill me and now he's marrying me?!? Is this a mistake? Can we possibly pull this off? What will happen next? A family?

Everything is moving too fast and I felt the room suffocating me. My hands gripping the sheets harshly as I tried to calm myself. I couldn't. I am strong yet I broke at this moment. I didn't know what I was doing. No one was ever there to tell me what I am supposed to do.

A cold blanket of sweat spread on my forehead and I breathed heavily as I ran my hands through my hair in panic. Is this a mistake? Does he feel the same way? Should we call it off? My eyes darted at the ring on my finger.

I jumped off the bed and stormed out of my bedroom, rushing to Emiliano's door. Diana was quick to stop me.

"Get out of my way." I glared at her. I wasn't taking any of this pathetic superstitious shit anymore. "I need to see him."

She gripped my forearm pulling me back, "It's only one night." She said and I clenched my jaw at her nerve. Yanking my hand out of hers, I gripped her throat and slammed her against the wall. She fought against my hold futilely.

"I said I need to him." I squeezed her throat slightly before letting my hand fall.

I stalked towards his door, my mind was a jungle of unwanted thoughts and doubts. I slammed it open and busted into the bedroom, breathing in the scent of his cologne. Devon noticed me first and stood up rushing to push me outside of the room.

"Try to get me to leave. I dare you." I looked at him with a madness in my glare and he knew not to mess with me. "Where is he?" I asked him.

"Amore?" I heard his voice coming from
the closet. He had just put on a shirt and I
managed to catch a glimpse of his abs, my eyes darting momentarily to them.

"Out." I spat to Devon and he vanished behind the door without thinking it twice. Then I went to seat to the bed, exhaling sharply as I let my head fall between my legs. My hands once again brushing through my hair as I stabilized my breathing.

"What happened?" He rushed to my side, cupping my face with his hands and making me look at him. "What is it, amore?" He asked with such softness. I had missed his voice. After the small moment we managed to steal a week ago our supervision had gotten stricter.

"Is this a mistake? Are we making a mistake?" His eyes fell to the ground. His signature smirk was nowhere to be found and I felt my heart aching at the sadness I had caused him. I doubted our love. I was horrible. I didn't deserve this.

"I didn't-" I stuttered. I stood up from
the bed and walked around the room. I was panting. My heart was racing and I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of a panic attack. "I'm sorry. It was horrible. I shouldn't have. God!" I crossed my arms letting my head fall back as tears run down my cheeks.

"Amore," I flinched feeling him behind him. His warmth engulfing me, forcing me to relax. "It's okay." He whispered in my ear, hugging me tightly. "It's okay." He repeated placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"What if it is a mistake? What if what we have is not-" He turned me around but I couldn't look at him. I couldn't bear to see even a glimpse of sadness in his eyes caused by me.

"I love you. I love you, Valencia. I love you because you feel like home. I love you because you're the part of me that I always needed. I love you because you are the only thing in this cursed world that makes sense. You are the most perfect fit for me. And that's why I know that this is not a mistake. It is the only right thing I will do in my life and I will keep
doing until the end of it, and that is choosing you." He wiped my tears away but this time they weren't tears of sorrow. they were tears of
relief.

"I'm so sorry I doubted us." I said between heavy breaths and he pulled me closer.

"I'm here to reassure you. Now, tomorrow and forever." He kissed my lips and I let him hold me.

"I love you too." I breathed out and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"Sleep with me." He said and I looked up at
him. "I don't care about the cleansing period. I want you by my side tonight. We are doing this
together." He flashed me one of his smirks and I smiled at the sight of it.

"Devon and Diana won't have a problem with that." I climbed up to the bed.

"You're vicious." He lied beside me.

"Indeed I am." I chuckled curling up to his chest, savoring his scent and warmth.

~~~

*Diana's POV*

Me and dickhead were across the door starring at it silently, waiting to hear something, anything.

"Do you think they're doing it?" Devon broke the silence chuckling and I rolled my eyes at his dirty remark hoping not to be true. "Cat got your tongue?" He brushed his shoulder against mine and I tensed at the sudden touch.

"No, but I will cut yours if you keep talking." I said, my tone dripping venom as I readjusted my blades on their hostlers.

"I could think of another better use for it." He smirked checking me out slowly and stopping momentarily at my hips and breasts. Gripping his hand and kicking his thigh I sent him to the floor.

"Diana, Devon." Alfred went up the stairs and saw us standing outside the door of Emiliano's bedroom. His eyes examined us keenly and his eyes brows furrowed as he calculated the situation we had found ourselves in. "They're in there. Alone." He stated.

"Boss fought me for it. She needed to see him." I replied fixing my posture as I ran my hands down my trousers.

"I see." Alfred hummed nodding.

"Diana could go and check what they're doing, she's always one to ruin the mood." I will kill him. Devon stood up.

"No. No." Alfred said smiling to himself for unknown reasons. "Let them be." As if he had been expecting for this to happen, all the longing building up to this single
moment.

Hope you liked this chapter!

Love, Lexi