Chapter 61

"You are exactly precisely and perfectly what I waited for."

_______________________________

Emiliano's POV

Seated on the couch in the suite's living room, I waited for Valencia to get ready to go dine to this small traditional restaurant that I'd missed so much since the last time I'd been there. It reminded of every good moment I ever had when things with my family weren't complicated. When my mother was still safe from that man I called father. When my father hadn't given himself for that white powder that turned him into a monster.

It reminded me of birthdays and family days gone good. It reminded of where I came from. Italy was indeed a magnificent land, every landscape is a painting and every breeze a sweet lullaby. I exhaled sharply as I dug into my pocket taking out my packet of cigars. I had bought them earlier today after the cruise. I liked the leaner whiskey tasting ones. Lighting one up, I breathed the smoke in letting my head fall back savoring the burning sensation, when my phone buzzed.

Unknown: Having fun on your honeymoon?

I took another stroke of smoke clenching my jaw. Francesco wouldn't let me relax if he didn't get what he want. He had hired me in the beginning to get the job done, talked about his assassin cousin to the other bosses, little did they know, little did we all know, I would have ended up here. With her. With the love of my life. I sighed and texted him back that I hadn't had the chance to talk to Valencia yet about the territories in Bronx New York Valencia was controlling with the help of some low life gangs. They used to be Italian dominated. Still are. Dozens of his men lived there permanently.

Unknown: Tik tok cousin... I wouldn't want your wifey to learn about our family bond from me. No lies in marriage, right?

I shut off the phone and tossed it sideways on the couch when I heard her clear her throat. She leaned against the side of the door, her hair falling over her exposed sun-kissed shoulders and I couldn't take my eyes off her skin, reminiscing the softness of it, savoring every dirty memory the sight of her body brought me. She was in a light pink satin dress which I had picked out for her. She never wore light colors and I could never fathom the reason why. The way her tanned skin contrasted perfectly with the fabric of the dress, how her curves made the satin gleam with every movement, it couldn't fit her more perfect. She was perfect. Her eyes were on my clenched jaw, accentuated with that soft glittering shadow she had put. She was otherworldly. A deadly fairy from the grimoire of a warlock.

"Is everything okay?" She asked approaching me slowly and taking a seat by my side. Her hand slithered over mine softly caressing my fingers and I felt my stomach unknotting with her touch.

"Now it is." I looked at her smiling. I couldn't get enough of her. She was a piece of art that I would never stop admiring. I squeezed her hand and pulled her closer, hugging her tightly. She leaned onto me, resting her head in the crook of my neck and I kissed her forehead.

"I'm excited to see where you're taking me." She grinned at me standing up and extending her hand helping me up. She readjusted the buttons of my shirt and run he hands down my torso. "You're handsome." She breathed out smirking faintly and led me to the elevator. "My beautiful husband." She whispered as the elevator doors closed and my heart skipped a bit. Suddenly, I was sixteen again and shivering at a girl's compliment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The stone built little path lit by a few colorful lanterns guided us to the hidden square where Alina and Martino had built their family business. This small restaurant operating in the darkness of night lit by handmade lanterns by Alina. The commotion reached us and Valencia looked around in curiosity, aware of everything around her, alarmed due to her ignorance of the place. 

"Stop looking over your shoulder, we are safe here." I said taking her hand and slamming her against me.

"Sorry." She said quietly embarrassed. She was afraid.

"I'm here okay? I will die before I let something happen to you." I whispered into her ear, wrapping my arms tightly around her hips and guiding her to the tables. The moment her eyes met the lantern made star sky she let out a relieved breath taken away from the sight before her.

"Emiliano!" I heard Martino calling me from the door of the small stone building which smelled heavenly. "Amore, Emiliano is here." Amore. Yes exactly like I called Valencia. I hadn't met a couple more in love than Alina and Martino and more fit for each other. The way they always brought a smile to each other's face made my heart ache. At my last birthday here, I wished for me to find my amore. I had given up on that wish a long time after I became the monster that terrorized all men and women.

"My sweet boy!" Alina rushed to me taking me into a warm hug, tiptoeing her little feet to reach me and I leaned down letting myself become a child again just for a single moment. "We missed you." She said, her eyes glittering with joy.

"We were worried, son." Martino patted my shoulders before giving me too a hug. No matter the rumors those two never saw me for the monster everyone else did. For them I was still that little boy who visited every year on his birthday.

Valencia observed the smiling pair and bit her lip nervously trying to piece the puzzle of who they were. Gripping her hip, I yanked her into my arms, her hair hitting my face bouncing and I smelled off every ounce of her vanilla shampoo and jasmine perfume getting high on it. "Alina, Martino, this is my wife, Valencia Kingsley." I said holding her close and I felt her tense at the sound of her name worried if they'd heard the things told about her.

"Wife?!" Alina squealed excited jumping in her seat. "She's beautiful, isn't she Martino?" She leaned her head onto her husband's shoulder admiring her.

"She is." He agreed and beamed happily at me. "I'm Martino. And this is my wife Alina."

"Happy to meet you." Valencia extended her hand awkwardly. It was the first I had seen her struggle to impress someone. But Martino and Aline were quick to disarm her by pulling her into a hug. She sighed relieved and smiled reciprocating.

"We thought he'd stay alone forever." Martino chuckled.

"I did too." I smiled faintly locking eyes with my amore. Everything had changed after her.

"Let me lead you to your table. The best one." Aline winked and Valencia chuckled following shortly behind her as Martino walked to it beside me. "reserved just for you."

"Thank you." Valencia said taking her seat and looking down at the magnificent view of Lake Como.

"Martino will come by and take your order in a bit." Alina said and dragged her husband away leaving us some privacy.

I took my seat across from her watching how engulfed she was in this fantasy of being just a normal couple in our honeymoon. I wouldn't let anyone ruin it for her. We would live our fucking fairytale even if it meant murdering my bastard of a cousin, shutting him up for good.

"Amore?" She smiled crossing her hands over her chest and leaning to the table eager to hear the story behind it.

"40 years of marriage those two and they till love each other like the first day." I replied. "Thought it could be our something borrowed." I smirked.

"Like the first day?" She asked, but it was more than just a question, it was the start of a promise.

"Like the first day." I nodded.

Hope you liked the chapter!

Vote and comment my darlings! I want all of your opinions!

Love, Lexi