Chapter 13

Jaftha stared at the boy across from him, he hadn't gotten a good look at him the last time they had been face to face. He couldn't be very older than Jaftha,probably a few months or a year older, his hair much darker in contrast to that of Jaftha's. A pair of darker eyes too that was staring at Jaftha as he leaned against his large table. No words had been said since Jaftha had said yes and  he figured the boy was trying to assert his dominance.

Not wanting him to see how nervous he was,Jaftha forced himself to relax as he stared back causing the boy to smirk before leaning back over the table to pick up something.
"This is your father's. Obviously not under his name but since you will be joining us, you have full access to it." Bladen said as he handed over a shiny green card. Jaftha looked from the card up to Bladen before slowly extending his hand to take the card.
"So, how true is my assumption that you and that man were working together with my whole electricity and water being shut down?" Jaftha asked looking up at Bladen who had a small smile on his face before shrugging  simultaneously wiping off the smile.
"All in the past. We're all friends now, Picasso." He said as he stood up and walked to his chair as he sat down.
"You're still very new so for the next two weeks you will be shadowing JJ. He is one of my best dealers and anything you need to know on how to make me money and sell my stuff, he will teach you. You will essentially be a rookie, a shadow. I don't want any trouble, if I hear anything about you that doesn't sit right with me,I will make sure that everyone sees that John's son isn't getting any sort of special treatment. If after these two weeks,I feel like you are good for something, I will start the initiation and hold you a big old ceremony,alright." He said and Jaftha nodded as he thought of everything Bladen had said.

He was essentially going to be working as a drug dealer for the next two weeks.

"And after I am initiated?" Jaftha asked and saw the suprise flee past Bladen's eyes at the fact that he asked a question.
"Tomorrow night before you go out with JJ,you will deliver a package for me, collect the money than bring it back to me. JJ will wait for you here, the next two weeks I will have you do a bunch of other stuff so I can see where your usefull than once the initiation is over and you pass, I will see where I want you." He said and Jaftha nodded as he twirled the card in between his middle and index finger.
"Will that be all?" Jaftha asked already wanting to leave. Blade nodded as he stood up, Jaftha also stood up.

He watched the brunette boy walk up from behind the desk, looking at him. If Jaftha hadn't been watching him he wouldn't have noticed how the taller boy's eyes travelled up and down his body,slowly but he had and when Blade caught his eyes he smirked not even bothering with the fact that he had been caught out. Jaftha wouldn't deny  the fact that being checked out by Bladen wouldn't have been such a big issue if the boy didn't annoy him so much. He rolled his eyes and Bladen chuckled, annoyed Jaftha turned back to leave but his wrist got grabbed.
"The next time you talk to me like you did before, I will make sure that every inch of your body regret it, Acosta. Remember that." Bladen said into his ears as he pulled Jaftha into his body. Jaftha froze before pulling his wrist away and walking away. He opened the door and stared at the group standing outside, they were all leaning against the walls,eyebrows raised. Jaftha ignored them and walked away making sure not to touch any of them. He hoped none of them were JJ because he didn't think he could work with any of the jerks that had been in the room when he got there.

Bladen's POV

Blade stared at the boy as he walked away from him, biting his bottom lip. As he opened the door and walked out, Blade released the breath he didn't even know he had been holding.  The guys gazes followed Jaftha as disappeared down the corridor and only Bladen's best friend walked through the door closing it as he did.
"So,what do you think? Is he in?" He asked and Bladen took a seat back as he stared at his friend.
"Right now, I just want to know what the hell John is planning. I don't have time for his games and issues with his son." Blade said as he rubbed his hands all over his face. He heard his friend make a confirmation noise and he looked up just in time to see him smirk at Blade. Blade sighed as he rolled his eyes.
"What?" Blade asked and his friend laughed as he stood up.
"Nothing, I was just not expecting Johnny's son to be your usual type." He said as he moved to the door and Blade froze.
"What?" He asked and his friend laughed.
"Nothing. He just looks like the guys who you usually hook up with. Just acts different though. " he said and Blade rolled  his eyes.
"Which instantly makes him 70 percent less attractive. Now,please shut up and leave me alone." Blade said causing his friend to laugh as he walked out of the room.
Blade stared around his office for five minutes before opening his drawer and digging through the papers there, he took out the small black phone in it and went to the only conversation on it.

He's in. You owe me big time for putting up with this kid.- Blade

Blade groaned as his own phone pinged and picked it up. He read the message and considered throwing the phone against the nearest wall before sighing and answerinf the text.

Jaftha's POV

Jaftha looked at the message that appeared on the phone and he stared at the card. Quickly making up his mind, Jaftha texted Mrs Hill asking her what she made for dinner. When she replied that she was just planning on ordering in he quickly told her that he would get the food tonight and that he wouldn't take any other answer. He laughed when she replied with an eye roll emoji and stuffed his phone in his pocket. Knowing that Papa Joe's was going to be full, he took initiative to call in instead of going to go wait in that crowded place. After putting in the order he walked into the nearest grocery store and brought himself a few deserved snacks.

Jaftha made it back to his place an hour after he left The Pit.  He left the snacks in the house before going over to the Hill's. Deciding to go by Claire's wishes, he just walked through the front door shouting.
"I brought the family some dinner. " he heard laughter coming from the living room and Jaftha walked into the room seeing the husband and wife watching television.
"Oh and pray tell, what did you get us?" Claire asked and Jaftha lifted up the take-away bags.
"Papa Joe's sweet and sour chicken with three wraps and one large chips. Two rootebeer floats for the eldery and one coke for me." He said laughing and ducking when Claire threw a cushion at him.
"The new dish? I heard it reunited the town for the day." Mr Hill said and Jaftha laughed as he thought of the two sides of town in the restaurant that afternoon.
"Than you should know it's good." He answered and Mr Hill hummed as Claire went to grab the plates.

As they sat around the table, talking about the dish, the shown on the TV long forgotten, Jaftha prayed that he gets to keep them even if he joined a gang.