Chapter 2

I wake up in my bed at 5 in the morning. I can hear Clove snoring from across our room. I decide there is no point in trying to fall back asleep when I'd have to get up in an hour and a half anyway. I climb out of bed and walk across the room to the bathroom to shower. I step in and am relieved to feel the hot water pouring on my skin. It's relaxing. I use my lavender scented body wash. Maybe smell nice for Gale. 

I know that there is a day of lessons ahead of me so when I step out of the shower, I put on tight jean shorts, a white crop top, and navy blue converses. I tie my hair into its usual braid and shake Clove awake in order to maybe get extra breakfast. She rolls out of bed annoyed, and groggily walks toward the bathroom. I impatiently wait for her and decide to text Gale on my phone. 

Katniss- Wanna go to breakfast early?

Gale- Sure, when u thinking?

Katniss- Now?

Gale- Sure

Katniss- See you then :)

Clove finally gets out of the shower and gets dressed. We walk out of our dorm and see Gale, Cato, Finnick, and Marvel at our door. "Hello ladies." Finnick says. "Morning." Clove says sarcastically. We walk out of the dorm building and head outside. I love the smell of the fresh morning air when the sun is rising.

 We walk into the dining hall and I see Mellark sitting at a table by himself reading a book. Thresh must not be up yet. "Hey guys look it's Mellark." I say after we all get our pancakes with maple syrup. We start walking towards our table when Gale whispers, "Watch this." He strides over to Mellark with us behind him and puts his hand over his head, and dunks it in his pancakes.

We all start to crack up as Mellark turns around because he's got syrup and pieces of pancakes on his face and running down his neck. He has a black eye from yesterday and I decide to put my breakfast down and take the book that reading out of his hands and start to rip pages out of it. Everyone starts laughing even more. By now more than half the school is watching.

Mellark looks angry. But what is he gonna do? Nothing. Or at least that's what I thought because next thing you know he shoves Gale back into me with such force that we both drop our trays on the floor and as Gale gets knocked back into be I stumble and while I'm falling hit my head on the table behind me and I think I cracked my skull.

I hear everyone around the dining hall start to whisper to each other and some say, "ouch." I get helped up by Clove and I all of us look angrily at Mellark. "What the fuck was that for!?" Gale screams. "What do you mean? You fucking dunked my head in my breakfast!" Mellark retorts. The whole hall becomes silent. "Yeah well you hurt her!" Gale says gesturing to me. I feel myself blush because he's standing up for me. "Do you think I give a damn that I hurt a person who's bullied me and other people since middle school?!" Mellark angrily screams. 

"Oh you'll care now." Gale says. He winds up to throw a punch but Mellark somehow see's through this and ducks which leads to Gale punching the wall. The next thing you hear is a crack from Gale's hand, which is now obviously broken. "OOOO." All the students in the hall scream. "OW! FUCK!" Gale screams in pain. "Quit being a priss Hawthorne." Mellark laughs. 'Your a goddamn football player for crying out loud." Gale gets incensed and he lunges at Mellark but then he falls to the floor. We all look to the side to see Thresh had tackled Gale and soon Cato, Marvel, and Finnick all converge in and pull Thresh off of Gale and start to beat him up. 

Then I see more fists flying as the entire school hockey team has gotten Cato, Finnick, and Marvel off Thresh now. By now Gale has gotten up and starts run strait at Mellark and then something comes that no one in the school would ever think they would see. It would have surprised even the teachers. Mellark draws his right arm back and takes a powerful swing at Gale, his fist colliding directly on Gales nose which starts to Gush blood, as Gale is knocked to the Floor once again.

Everyone in that dining hall turns and stares wide eyed at Mellark and then go back to fighting. Everyone is chanting "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!" The fight goes on for a while but eventually the hockey team overpowers the Gale, Cato, Marvel, and Finnick who are all bleeding and badly bruised. The guys are pinned to the ground and are eventually let go after about 30 seconds of them grunting and squirming around trying to break free. The hockey team along with Mellark and Thresh all walk of the dining hall. I look around and I see that everyone has their phones out, filming. "STOP FILMING YOU RETARDS!" I scream. Everyone puts there phones down and then we walk out of the dining hall with Glimmer who finally showed up.

The boys are all bruised and bloodied as we walk into the main building to grab our books from our lockers. Our first class is Math with Mr. Fucking Abernathy. But luckily he's drunk so forget about math. Yay. Instead the class decides to have a snowball fight with our paper, and when the bell rings we all leave the classroom a mess with Mr. Abernathy snoozing on his desk. Every other Class was a wash too but when it's lunch period we decide to go to our dorms to discuss football and cheer leading. 

As we walk through the halls of the school, people point and snigger at us and we just hang our heads not wanting to discuss what happened at breakfast this morning. The rest of the school day was a wash. Nothing eventful. Except for people talking about how we got beat up by Mellark and the hockey team. The videos are on social media now and I'm pretty sure the whole school has seen it.