1 ✓

She hugs Jenna one last time. Her own tears as well as Jenna's fall down their faces. Her and Jenna had meet three years ago at a youth group. And now she was going to Africa for a mission trip. She'd signed up for eight years. With trip's home and a trip to England squeezed in to the may hours she planned to evangelize during.
"I'm gonna miss you so much Jenna.
I'll send you a letter with pictures as often as I can."

Jenna had planned to go but had gotten diagnosed with stage three cancer. She had cried with her for days afterwards.
"You better. And don't go leaving me here all alone either you better come back." Her dear friend said as they pulled apart for the last time Jenna's blue eyes brimmed with tears.

"I won't Jenna." With that she picked up her small suitcase that held everything she had and walked into the plane. She turned once more to see her friend before leaving america.

She stepped of the plane in a small town located in the most desolate place in Africa. The hot air hit her and so did the smell. She knew many people here didn't have a toilet Wich meant they went in the streets but the smell was worse than she had expected. Her guide grabbed her bag to show her to the hotel. As she walked many people stopped to stare as she walked past. She even noted that many of the children didn't have clothing. They were why she had come the children. She had seen a picture in a magazine and her heart had been tugged until she had no choice but to come. The guide pointed to a small building just a few buildings down.

"Hotel." He said in his own language before setting her suitcase down and walking away.
"God bless you." She called in his language before picking up her bag and heading to the building. When she walked through the doorway, there was no door, she saw a woman who might have been twenty trying to get multiple children to behave all while holding two small children. She quickly set her suitcase down and went to help.

"Let me take one of the children?" she offered in the native tongue. The woman looked up at her.
"Would you?" The woman asked in broken English.
She smiled widely. The woman was very beautiful but looked like she had had a very long day.

"Of course." The woman handed her one of the children. She held the baby rocking it back and forth slowly. The woman went to work getting the children fed what must have been supper. Each getting a small wood bowl with a thick brown liquid. The children ate it and then each left the building. By the time the woman came to get the child she had rocked her to sleep. The woman laughed when she saw this.

"You have a gift I never get her sleep." She said in more broken English. Abby smiled down at the small child.
"All I did was rock her. "

She said plainly. The woman shook her head. A small smile crossing her face. She went to the other side of the small room and laid the child in what Abby guessed was a makeshift bed.
"Anyway sorry to keep you waiting what are you here for."
She asks in her native tongue.

"I was told this was the hotel, I'm the missionary from America." She replied also in the woman's native tongue. A confused look crosses the woman's face.
"Aren't you to young?" She ask wiping her hand on her skirt of sorts.

"Is anyone to young for God's work?" She replied. The woman gave her another look before tuning and walking out of the room. Unsure what to do Abby followed. The woman walked down a short hallway and opened a door at the end.
"Here's your room. Dinner is at seven."
With that the woman turned and left.
Abby sighed as she looked around the small room. There was just enough room for a bed and a nightstand.
She hadn't gotten the woman's name. She'd only been here for a few hours but she made a mental note to get it at dinner.

Hey y'all! What do y'all think of the first chapter? Make sure to let me know here ---->
For those of y'all that didn't catch it in the description this is the second book to coffee cups so if you haven't read that go read it now.
For those of y'all that have read coffee cups are y'all excited to get more of a back story on Abby?