6

When I hold up the bag of Skittles all talking in the room goes silent. I smile to myself and make a mental note to thank Jordan when I see him.
"Hello class, today we have a fun game to play." I start and I swear I could hear a pin drop in the usually loud room.
"Today we are going to learn about the snake, and at the end of y'all can answer my questions you will get a candy. Any questions?"
Neema the little girl who raised her hand on the first day raises it again.
"Yes Neema?" I say pointing to her.
"Ms Abby can I have candy?"

This time when the parents come to pick up the children I smile. Because each child is talking excitedly about what we learned today. When Jordan shows up i walk up to meet him.
"Care if I walk with you?" I ask as he picks up Likho. He shakes his head with a wide smile.
"Not as long as you don't mind picking up some things from town with us."
We walk through the small market and Jackson buys the various things he needs. I watch as several of the native girls point at him and talk in excited conversations. And even though I correct myself it makes me jealous. I knew I was a new comer and Jackson probably knew a girl he's known since he was a kid and that I had no chance,
But still I was sad. Jackson noticed this and smiled bumping me on the arm.
"A penny a thought?" He says and I can't help but break out in laughter. A few people in the market give me a funny look. Including Jackson. "Isn't a penny a thought an American saying?" He ask and I can't help but laugh harder. Finally controlling myself I respond.
"It's a penny for your thoughts."
Realization crosses his face. But he gains back his smooth composure in a second.
"Well then a penny for your thoughts?" I smile looking at the ground. I have a small part of me that says tell him. But I shove that part down and shake my head.
"Nothing much going on up here." I say instead tapping my temple. He laughs bumping my shoulder again.
"I doubt that your brilliant." I look down and blush, when I look up at him he's facing away but I swear his ears are tinted pink. Was he blushing too?

After their done shopping they walk me back to the hotel. After saying goodbye I practically run to my room to write to Jenna.

Dear Jenna I have urgent news to tell you, and although I wish this was in person I can't wait to tell you.
I met a guy here that I really like, and although I don't know God's plans I am starting to realize more and more how great of a guy he is. Sorry for being brief but I have to prepare for school tomorrow.
                   Always Abby

A/N what do y'all think?!
I know this is a filler chapter but it also holds great importance.
Let me know what you all think about this chapter
→→→→→→→→→→→