2

Usually after all my shows I go and greet the audience. Which was what I was getting ready to do. I was just touching up some makeup that melted due to sweat. Natalie ran up to me. "You're so good!" She squealed. "It's a gift and a sin." I answered, putting on more mascara.

"I never understand your poetic terms." She said, her face expressing confusion. "Good." I answered, focused on my lashes. I put the tiny bottle down and turned away from the mirror. "How do I look?" I asked, looking to Natalie. "Angelic." She answered. "Always the problem." I sighed and packed up my makeup. She made another confused face before walking away.

I took a few deep breaths and exited backstage to the main club area. Music blasted in my ears and lights beamed everywhere. I got a few stares as I swayed my hips through the crowd. "You're good." Someone commented. I turned to them. "I get that a lot." I said, snatching his shot and taking it myself. I slammed the shot glass on the table and gave the man a smile before strutting away.

I walked through the crowd, smiling and stealing peoples drinks and accessories. We do this thing on Fridays where patrons can wear what ever accessory they'd like and the employees are allowed to take them and wear them. At the end of the night when the club closes there's a table at the front doors with all of the stolen stuff that dancers, waitresses, and workers stole for the night. I love Fridays.

I hopped on a bar stool and ordered a simple glass of water when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned in the seat to see those beautiful icy blue eyes. "Oh good, it's you." He said, exhaling the air he seemed to be holding before. I smirked when I saw him. "What do you mean exactly?" I asked, my water being served to me. I crossed my leg over the other. "I just thought it would be embarrassing if I tapped on a random persons shoulder."

His comment made me giggle. "You're... pretty." He complimented. I smiled. "Yeah a lot of people say that about me. I have a pretty big reputation here." I say, waving my glass of water around and leaning back. I took a sip of my water and looked at the beautiful icy blue eyes again. "You're eyes are beautiful." I commented. He smiled. "I get that a lot. I also get Are they contacts? And What creature are you?" I chuckled again. This guy was good.

He sat down on the stool next to me. "So what's your name?" He asked. "Cherry." I answered. "No, I meant your real name." He spoke, hitting the counter. A waitress came over and he ordered a wine. "Why do you want to know?" I asked, amused by this man. He wasn't like the others, he was charming.

"So I can call you it, obviously." He answered, his wine arriving. "This place has great service." He said, looking around. "Better service, more money." I spoke, taking another sip of my water. There was a few moments of silence. "Micheal." I whispered. His eyes met mine and he smiled. "Micheal. Has a nice ring to it." He said, drinking his wine. "What about you?" I asked, taking the last sip of my water.

"Zaire." He answered back, mimicking my whisper. "Never heard that name in my life." I say. "That's because I'm not shitty white boy trash." He says. I laughed at his remark. I was actually feeling hope that I found someone who doesn't want me for my body.

He took another sip of wine and placed his glass on the counter. "So Micheal, how long you been working the pole?" He asked. "I've been working here for six years." I answered. "That wasn't my question." "The real answer is sad." I say. That seemed to make him go silent. "How old are you?" He asked, sympathy in his voice. "Twenty-three." I said, looking away. "You've been here since you were seventeen?" He asked now looking sad. "I'm not getting into the sob story okay?" I said, looking back at him.

There was silence for a moment, the only thing heard being the music and other peoples conversations. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking away from his icy stare. "What do you mean?" He asked, oblivious. "You're trying to get to know me. Nobody ever does that." I mumble. He grew confused. "Well you're a human being so I'm gonna treat you like one." That's when I looked back at him.