Chapter 8. Watching from behind

"Bluey look! This is you on top of big brother Albedo's head," Klee colored over the stick figure she drew with a crayon. When she was satisfied with her work, Klee placed her crayon down and stared.

"Haaaa..." She buried her head into her drawing as I rolled over her head. My core was churning a little that day, so I felt lethargic and less inclined to move. Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands pinching over my wings and yanking me down.

"Bluey play with me!" Klee demanded, and really, what can I say? My wings are being held hostage.

Alice had ditched her daughter to Albedo once again, and with Albedo's new responsibility as a knight, he had brought her to his lab. As Albedo quickly unpacked all sorts of glassy twirly equipment, he had banished Klee to a couch by the corner with rough paper and a box of crayons to entertain herself with.

At first, Klee was satisfied with drawing on her own. Her art was expressive and she would tell me a story as she drew each character. Although her work was no match for Albedo's in terms of aesthetics, it was somehow more entertaining to watch. Now that a few hours have passed and Albedo was still engrossed in his work - now conversing with a stranger that was to be his colleague, Klee had grown restless and was on the brink of tearing me apart for her own amusement.

Before those bright round amber eyes, Klee seemed to be pleading with me to free her from the endless cycle of boredom. But with a sigh, she decided that I was of no help. Looking up, Klee huffed, determined to get Albedo to entertain her instead.

She hopped off the couch and trotted over, shaking his coat for attention.

"-I'll look over them before sundown- Klee?" Albedo turned, "I'm busy right now. Later, okay?"

The woman that he was speaking to also glanced at Klee, and even though her amethyst eyes seemed cold, she still spared the child a small smile. Klee retreated her hands, looking down with a pout. But she still listened, running back to her couch once more.

However, Klee had no intention to continue drawing - she was done with that. Instead, she fished out little balls of toys from her bag and tinkered with them. They looked familiar - the toys, where have I seen them before...

"These are dumpties Bluey! Klee loves dumpties!" she explained to me. "This place is gray and ugly, so Klee will help make it shiny!" Scooping all her dumpties up in a hug, Klee ran towards the biggest table with all the funny-looking equipment and colorful water in tubes.

"Dadada! Hm Hm Hm~~" Klee hummed gleefully as she decorated the table with her dumpties. "Oh!" she exclaimed at some realization, placing a finger by her mouth.

She ran back to Albedo and pulled on his coat, "Big brother Albedo! Big brother Albedo!"

This time, Albedo did not even look down at her when he gently brushed her hand away.

"Klee, later. I'm busy-"

"Present!" Klee declared as she pushed a dumpty into Albedo's hand and trotted back to the big table.

Well, at least she seemed busy. I thought, drifting over to Albedo to eavesdrop. The woman he was speaking to was very pretty. I have come to realize that all the stylish people in Mondstadt belonged to the Knights of Favonius. And this lady, with her tall, curvy physique and light blue hair, was definitely a knight as well.

"Right. I'll be leading my team for another patrol on Wolvendom later on," the woman said, "There have been some sightings of Abyssal activities there. Most likely, depending on the weather, we will return in two to three days with new reports on our findings. From there, we will leave it to you."