Chapter 6

How didn't I see him when I walked into this damn place? As soon as we locked eyes I knew exactly what he was thinking. I shuffle to find my phone quickly to text him.

"Are you okay Lana? You seem a bit flustered?" I look up at Sam who was obviously concerned because of the frantic look on my face.

"Well Sammy you did just spring a huge thing on me a few minutes ago," I say trying to divert the attention of the fact that I'm scrambling to text Grayson. I finally find my phone and there is already a text from him.

Grayson- I see how it is. You come over to my house at 3 am and then go on a fucking date with someone else not even 24 hours later. I was really starting to like you, Alana.

Damn. I have to fix this. Also, I'm trying to figure out why I care so much about what he thinks if I don't like him that much. Damn, maybe I do.

Me- Grayson It's not what it looks like I promise

Grayson- Sure it isn't. That must be why you haven't texted me back yet.

Me- Grayson seriously it's not like that at all

"Hey, are you going to text on your phone the whole time or actually enjoy my company?"

I tossed my phone in my bag and look up at Sam. "Actually, do you mind if we git out of here?"

"Alana is everything okay? Your whole mood changed and you didn't even finish your food. Does this have anything to do with the guy that's been staring at you since we walked through the door?" Sam started smiling. "I bet that's Grayson. Woah he's kind of jacked. How'd you pull that Lana???"

"Samuel please keep your voice down. And I don't know what you're talking about"

"OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he screamed with a look of pure connection on his face. "He thinks I'm your boyfriend, doesn't he? Should I introduce myself so he knows I'm your brother?" he says getting up.

I grab him pulling him back to me. "Sammy please no. I'll handle it."

"Lana please let me help you." he pulled his arm away from my grip and began walking towards Grayson and Ethan. Before I could get out a word he was at the table talking to them. I couldn't do anything but hid in my seat.

After about 10 minutes Sam comes back to our table. "Ready to go Lana?"

"Sammy what did he say?" I ask anxiously

"that's my business. I told him he can tell you if he wants but I'm not telling you"

Asshole. I roll my eyes and get up heading towards the door. as I'm leaving Grayson doesn't even look in my direction. Shit, what did they talk about? We make it to the car and I get in the passenger side taking out my phone as Sam starts the car.

Grayson- Your brother Huh??

Me- Yes he's my brother. If you'd let me explain you would've known that. You didn't even look at me when I was leaving

Grayson- Can we meet up and talk please Alana.

Me- I'm not sure ill text you when I'm free.

I'm not sure if I even want to talk to him. I think that I should let him cool off at least. I look up and we are in front of my place. Sam and I both rush inside and it's around 3 pm now.

"L I'm gonna step out for a few hours. I have to get some things before I head back home. I'm thinking about leaving tonight. I want you there on Friday if you can make it that day. I'll pay for your ticket.

"You already know I'm not turning down a free trip. What time are you leaving tonight?" I say hoping that he's leaving sooner than later because I have to get things situated with Grayson. The guy I met less than 24 hours ago still somehow has me tangled around his finger.

"My flight is at 9 tonight so I'm leaving here around 6. I have to run out and get some things before I go otherwise id spend all my time here with you"

Not true. Sammy is a great brother but he isn't the type to spend a lot of quality time with you. Plus this is perfect now I can have Grayson over without any interruptions.

"Well I'm gonna go take a nap and hang out until you leave or whatever"

"Yea yea invite Grayson over so you won't be bored, Lana."

"Sammy please tell me what yall talked about?"

"All you need to know is that kid really likes you" and with that he leaves out the door. I go into my room and lay on the bed. pulling out my phone.

Me- Come over at 9pm

I'm not sure how Grayson and I are gonna communicate but I hope it goes well.

Grayson- I'll do you one better. I'll come over now.