61

~ Year 5 ~

"Do you have your wand with you?", she asked.

Dumbfounded, I looked at her. "How do you know?", I whispered.
"Dumbledore told me to keep an eye on you and your brother since You know who returned.", she said and took off into the direction of the playground. "What are we doing?", I asked and ran after her. "Your brother and cousin are in danger!.", she said and I already could feel the familiar cold. "Oh no....", I said as I saw a dementor sucking the soul out of Dudley. I was about to use my wand when I saw that Harry already used his patronus to save Dudley. I ran towards both of them as the dementors were gone. "Are you alright?!", I asked Harry as he was about to put his wand away. "Don't put it away! They might come back!", Mrs. Figg said. Harry looked at me questionly. "I will explain it later... Let's just get Dudley home.", I said and helped Dudley up. Walking home with him was a lot of work. "Can you hold him for a min?", I asked Harry as I was about to pull my key out of my trousers. "Only if you make it quick!"Harry gasped as the full weight of Dudley was now on him. I quickly opened the door and helped Harry to fit Dudley through the door. Aunt Petunia looked as if she would faint when I walked into the living room holding Dudley with Harry in our arms.

After settling him down and giving him a blanket, despite the hot temperature, Dudley was still pale as a piece of paper.
I sat down on the couch looking over at aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon caring for Dudley. "Son... Who did this to you?"uncle Vernon asked and I saw Dudley point to Harry. Uncle Vernon began laughing nervously. "See... I told you that it was only a matter of time that they would hurt someone!". "Harry didn't do anything! It were Dementors!", I said and looked at Aunt Petunia getting pale.
"She is right....", Petunia said. "What are Dementors?!"Vernon barked and I was about to answer but got cut off by Aunt Petunia.
"They are the guards of Azkaban....", she said and my eyes went wide. "How do you know about Azkaban?"Harry asked but was interrupted by an owl flying through the open window. It dropped a letter on his head and disappeared right away. Harry opened it immediately and the letter began to read it out itself.

"Dear Mr. Potter,
We have received intelligence that you performed the Patronus Charm at twenty-three minutes past nine this evening in a Muggle inhabited area and in the presence of a Muggle. The severity of this breach of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery has resulted in your expulsion from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Ministry representatives will be calling at your place of residence shortly to destroy your wand.

As you have already received an official warning for a previous offence under Section 13 of the International Confederation of Warlocks'Statute of Secrecy, we regret to inform you that your presence is required at a disciplinary hearing at the Ministry of Magic at 9 a.m. on the 12 of August.

Hoping you are well,
Yours sincerely,
Mafalda Hopkirk
Improper Use of Magic Office
Ministry of Magic"

My mouth stood agape when the letter stopped talking."They.... They can't...", I said and looked at Harry.Uncle Vernon looked like a maniac wanting to laugh. Another owl came through the window, this time it didn't read itself out since it was from Mr. Weasley, telling Harry that Dumbledore will take care of it and that he should stay with me in the house and not give up his wand. I took Harry upstairs and the next letter arrived from the Ministry telling Harry that he still has to go to the hearing. I was about to close the window when I saw Aunt Petunia wobbling towards the car with Dudley in her arms. Uncle Vernon looked up at me. "Don't you set the house on fire while we're at the hospital!", he said and got into the car. I watched them drive away and then closed the window. I jumped on my bed and breathed out heavily. "Why were there Dementors?!", I asked Harry who sat on his bed the whole time. "I have no idea...", he sighed. "What if Voldemort tries to take control over the ministry? Only the ministry has control over the Dementors....", I said and sat up. As I finished my sentence the stairs squeaked and Harry and I immediately went silent. He got out his wand and so did I. We heard steps walk up to our room which I had locked just in time. However the key turned around again, unlocking the door and it slowly opened. "Moody? Tonks? What are you doing here?"Harry asked and got up. "Getting you two out of here! Pack your stuff!", Moody said. We packed everything and quickly brought everything downstairs.