54

"Pansy... What do you want?!" Draco asked, more than annoyed. "Oh... I just wanted to know if you already have a date for the yule ball, since it's taking place in a month.", she asked him while grinning at me. "No I haven't yet.", he said and looked at me. "Well how about you and me go?", she asked again. Draco glared at her. "No.", he said coldly and I could see the anger and sadness radiating through her face. Pansy looked over at me disgusted. "You don't have anyone, right Y/N?", she asked. "Not now at least.", I shrugged. "And I hope that it will stay like that!", she spat. "Excuse me?", I was shocked. "What the fuck Pansy?!", Draco yelled, now having the attention of the whole hall. "What now, Malfoy? Getting protective over her, hmm?", Pansy teased. "Well wishing that someone has to go alone to the yule ball is something really rude just because someone else turned you down!", he said standing up to make his argument stronger. "Oh yeah? Why do you care? ", she said and stood up holding her cup with juice in her hands. "Because she is my friend!", Draco answered. "Well then she better die in the second task.", she spat and glared at me. I heard several steps behind me and when I looked over my shoulder there were Ron, Hermione and Harry. "You better take that back.", Malfoy hissed and took out his wand.

"Why? She knows she deserves it!", Pansy said and threw her cup at me. I was drenched in juice and now I was really angry. I felt a hand on my shoulder when I was about to stand up and when I looked over at whose hand it was I realized that Snape was standing behind me along with the trio. "Miss Parkinson... Detention!", Snape said. And she glared down at me and then walked off.
"You okay Y/N?", Harry asked. "I guess....", I sighed and looked down at my drenched clothes but an idea came to my mind and once we were finished with dinner and walking back to the common room, I stopped Draco.

"I might know what the task is about. I have to open the egg underwater since the screaming thing inside it is a mermaid's voice. You want to come?". He stared at me like an owl. "Are you joking? Are you suggesting that I will come and take a bath with you?", he asked. "Just take your swimming shorts with you or another pair of underwear.", I said and began to walk towards the common room.
Later in the evening I knocked on Dracos door and he opened. "Do you want to come with me now or not?" I asked, holding the egg in my hand. "Alright... but won't we get caught being out after curfew?", he asked and I held my cloak up in my other hand. "No need to worry.", I said. Before exiting the common room Draco grabbed his and my towel while I still held the egg and hid us beneath my cloak. We walked to the bathrooms for the prefects. We locked the door and put the cloak down. Draco tried to figure out how to turn on the water on the bathtub, or rather said swimming pool since it was so huge. I put the egg down next to the tub and went over to Draco helping him turn the water on. After we managed to successfully turn the water on I took my clothing off revealing my bathing suit. I slowly sank down into the water and heard clothes hit the ground. Then I felt Draco enter the tub next to me holding the egg. "You really think this is right?",he asked. I nodded and took the egg, opening it under water we both dove down and instead of screaming a wonderful voice sang.

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour, the prospect's black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

I closed the egg and came back to the surface to get some air. "You were right....", Draco said and wiped his hair from his eyes. "So the black lake.... but how do I hold my breath for an hour?", I asked him. "There probably is a potion or plant of some sorts for that... Maybe you should ask Snape tomorrow. ", Draco said and looked at me smiling."What?"I smiled back. "You're beautiful.", he said and pulled me close to him. "First time seeing you shirtless... I like it.", I grinned and kissed him. We stayed like that until all the bubbles were gone and the water had gotten cold. We quickly died ourselves off and hurried back to the common room and immediately went to sleep since it was already 2:30 am. Later in the morning I asked Snape about a potion for holding your breath for an hour but he denied that there was one for that. He told me to use Gillyweed and gave me one portion for the tournament the next day under the condition that I will pass the next potions exam with at least a B. In the evening I wanted to tell Draco about it but Professor McGonnagall picked him up out of our common room, telling me that this might take longer so I should get to bed and rest up for tomorrow. I did but in the morning Draco still wasn't back and I had the bad feeling that what the egg sang about wasn't about an object but rather a human being. This human being being Draco.As everyone was going out on the black lake by boats I was still looking out for Draco but there was no sign of him. I saw Harry and Ron waving at me when I stood next to Fleur and Cedric and waved back nervously. 

Professor Moody was standing behind me, telling me that I should already swallow the gillyweed and so I did. It was disgusting and I almost threw it up again but that didn't happen since Moody pushed me into the water when the second task started. I felt that I could suddenly breathe underwater and looked at my hands and feet which looked like a diver had their weird shoes on that look like fins. I hurried deeper into the black lake in hope to see anything that might help me to find my, as Dumbeldore called it "treasure" . I hoped that this treasure still wasn't a human named Draco Malfoy. I dove deeper and through some seaweed. I saw movement next to me and saw Fleur going in the opposite direction. Not long after I saw her I heard what seemed like a scream. At first I thought it was one of the mermaids but once I saw a body floating up to the top I realized that it was Fleur and that she had been attacked by something. Hurrying deeper I finally arrived at what seemed to be a copy of Atlantis and everywhere were mermaids swimming around. I followed one of them which was singing the song the egg was singing underwater. I saw four people tied to what seemed to be stone and one of them was none other than my boyfriend. I could never not recognize him, from his hair alone. I quickly swam toward the group and saw that Hermione was there as well. Cedric was swimming towards Cho and untied her as well. He tipped on his watch with his wand giving me a signal that the hour was almost over. As I untied Draco from the chain I wanted to do the same to Hermione but one of the mermaids threatened me. "Only one!", she hissed. "But she's my friend as well!", I said and she hissed at me again. She looked over my shoulder in fear and quickly swam away. I was pushed to the side by Krum who had a shark head. He took Hermione with him and swam up. I looked around and no mermaid was there anymore. I looked at the little girl that was still chained to the rock. Since Fleur couldn't get her, what was going to happen to her? I asked myself and without thinking I shot a spell at the chain and it broke, leaving the girl floating up. I tried to swim back up as fast as I could but the Gillyweed was wearing off. I had trouble getting up the last meters and like I had predicted it something grabbed my legs pulling me back down. As I looked down I saw several creatures down there pulling me down. I pushed Draco and the girl up with my last strength and tried to fight them off. I shot a spell at the creatures stunning them and they quickly swam away. My air was running out and I began seeing black. I saw that Draco and the girl still weren't on the surface and I used a spell to shoot myself up to them and grabbed each of them. We slowly reached the surface and once my nose hit the air I gasped. I heard cheers and someone grabbed me from the side when I was gasping for air, almost blacking out since there was water in my lungs.