Chapter 21

Sorry Is Never Enough

TW: MATURE CONTENT

IT FELT LIKE MY HEART was pounding inside my chest as I woke up without her next to me. I was the reason why. I couldn't forget what happened on the balcony. It replayed inside my head like a broken record.

I reminded myself of my father and I didn't like it. I stepped out of bed to the quiet sounds of France and the smell of breakfast from downstairs. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face preparing for the major apology I'd have to give the woman I love.

I rushed downstairs and there she was, cutting some fruits alone in the kitchen.

"Snowflake, I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine-"

"No! It's not fine"

"Yes-" I grab the knife from her hand placing it down and grabbing both her hands in mine.

I pull her closer to me and she looked at me with sadness in her eyes, "It's not okay, baby. What I did was nowhere near okay, I hurt you."

"Fuck, I could've even killed you, I'm so sorry" I dropped her hands and lowered my face in shame. She grabbed my chin bringing my face up.

"All that matters is that I'm okay" She pulled down the turtleneck to only showcase a small yellow bruise on the side of her neck the size of my thumb.

"It's small and it doesn't hurt" I bent down kissing it softly, "But don't let it happen again, Roman, sorry won't be enough if there's a next time"

"It will never happen again, never. I promise" I wrapped my arms around her embracing the woman in my arms. The scent of citrus and vanilla in the hair I burrowed my face in. 

I let her go and she went back to cutting strawberries, placing them in a large bowl without another care. But I stood by her side this time giving her all my attention and all the respect I could give.  

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

I had to do something to show her how much I loved her even if I can't say it yet. I went out with Alex and some of her men that she had forced to come with me I had bought her two things. Chocolate-covered strawberries and roses.   

That's what all women like, right?

My overthinking was driving me insane, "She would like anything that you get for her, stop thinking so hard"

Alex pats me on the back once and continues looking at the jewelry inside the glass box, the bracelets inside the case gleamed as the white light shined on them.

"None of these look special enough for her" I looked at the expensive diamonds that any girl would love, but not her. I turned around and looked into the display of necklaces with different figures and charms hanging off them.