Chapter 22

Reunion

Reunion

MY ENTIRE BODY THROBBED but I was okay with it. I would be fine if I had the memories of last night. But now I stood in the strategy room with a map in front of me along with computers listing all the employees in Roman's cartel. The rat was still around and causing problems for Roman so I decided to help. 

"A shipment was again taken from our hidden port last night and unfortunately some of my men on the boat were shot and killed" He spoke with a crack in his voice thinking of the unfortunate souls who lost their lives working for him.

"I will not stop until this snitch is out and I will not hesitate to torture them until their last dying breath" He spoke in an intimidating voice that put goosebumps on the skin of everyone in the room. 

The room was full of our best computer whizzes, Alex, Nayomi, Roman, and Me. But my phone soon rang and I exited the room. It was a call from Leona. 

"Yes, Boss?" 

"Fear!" Karah's sweet voice filled my ears "I stole Grammy's phone to call you" 

A smile illuminated my face as I heard her giggle through the phone, "Hello, my love. How have you been?"

"Grammy is the best grammy ever! She gave me and Sage ice cream for breakfast and taught us more Italian!" She spoke some incoherent Italian words and I acted surprised just for her joy. 

"That's amazing, baby!" I could feel her smile from France as she told me about her day and how much she missed me and her father. But she said something that I would've never seen coming. 

"Are you going to be my mama one day?" She nearly knocked my breath out of my lungs.     

"I can't answer that right now, my love. I hope I can..." She sniffled through the phone. These children have been through enough and I will fight forever to be able to give them the world and whatever they wanted.  

"I miss you, mama" Tears stung my eyes as the word traveled through my ear. 

"I miss you too, baby" Karahs giggles killed the sour mood as she put her brother on the phone next. 

"Is my daddy there?" He spoke delicately into the phone low enough to be a whisper. 

"Yes but he's busy right now" I looked back through the crack in the door to find him looking at me with a confused look.

"Oh, I made him a drawing want to see?" I immediately put the call on facetime and his bright eyes shone through the camera.

"Hi!" He spoke excitedly seeing my face while I could only see up his nose, some of his chubby cheeks, and his eyes.   

"Hi, sweetheart!" I smiled wider than ever as he showed me his drawing of the entire family. Alex, Omi, His papa, Leona, Me, and even Dakota. 

"It looks amazing, amore" (love)