Chapter 14

~Mishika's POV~

It was mind-boggling how long today seemed,more like a century stuffed in a day. The meetings were so exhausting specially when I was looking forward to the ending of the day. It's been so long since I have gone on a date but with Michael,things just seem to happen smoothly. Mason is like the most fun person so when he called and said his brother is almost emotionally numb,I was scared. I was guilty for falling for someone who hardly shows any emotion except anger ofcourse. But what I have felt wasn't my imagination,what he did was not lust. But what if he pushes me aside after he has had enough of me?

"That's it for today,I think. We are going through some major changes in our faculty and infrastructure and we hope this benefits all our patients." Dr Sybill rose up from her chair and gave her closing speech and I couldn't be happier. I was sulking in my chair and checking my watch every 5 minutes.

Everyone rose and departed from the room and as I was about to leave I heard a nagging voice.
"Doing free health check-ups for the poor,what good will that do? This place needs some finances and some sensible doctors." She grinned at her friend.
I recognized her as one of the board members daughter,Amy, who was filling in for him.

"Not that your entitled ass will understand this but not everyone inherits their father's money. Some try to make their own living." I snarked at her. I am not genuinely rude but this bitch gets on my nerve all the fucking time. Before I could leave the room,Natalie pulled me back while that bitch stormed off the room.

"Someone's in a foul mood today." She chuckled at me.
"I am starving and have seated my ass discussing fucking finances and now I have a date with Mr Grumbly Pants."I complained bitterly.

"It's going to be fine okay, just take a deep breath and free yourself." She patted my hand and I nodded. What else can I do?

We were the last to leave the conference room and as I headed down the corridor,I saw Him. He was wearing a dark green pantsuit that matched my turtleneck with a black shirt. He looked ravishing and panty-dripping hot.His hair was slicked back but a few loose pieces fell on his forehead.And he held a bouquet of peonies in his hand. I stood their confused,debating if I should gawk at him or let a tear slip my eyes. But he wasn't alone.

That bitch Amy was throwing herself on him,almost to get his dick in her throat right their. And I haven't even gone to the most amazing part yet- he did absolutely nothing to take her hands off him. I clenched my jaw as I could feel my seething rage splutter in my body. I locked eyes with his electrifying blue ones and an evil knowing smirk spread on his face. I took few quick steps towards them and set myself between them.

She was taken aback by this sudden interruption and frowned.
"Ahh we were having a conversation here." She stated and rolled her eyes.

"And now it's over. By the way Amy, this my boyfriend Michael and Michael this is Amy." I pointed at both of them but the disgust and shock on her face felt better than an orgasm.

His cologne or aftershave was intoxicating and was hypnotizing me to forget the fact that he was taking revenge. He grabbed my forearm and planted soft kisses on my neck. It would be still an understatement to say that my whole body was electrocuted by his touch. Amy,on the other hand, was cheesed off and had the expressions of a vulture who was just denied meat.

"Well nice meeting him." Amy jerked an eyebrow and left.

"Now you see mi vida, how that burns?" Michael whispered in a husky tone and turned me to face him. He scanned my eyes for a minute as if he could read my thoughts and soul through them.
I was mesmerized in his charm and that was certain but I was so lost that I didn't even realize when he tugged my bun and pulled my hair open.