Chapter 29

~Mishika's POV~

"What are you talking about?" Michael exchanged his gaze between me and Johnny Goldwater, our dealer.

"Few hours before we came hear, Mateo and I had a little chat."

"With dad?" I nodded.

Few hours ago,

"Hello niña, I need a few minutes of your time." Mateo stood at the door of our room."Sure Mateo. What is it?"

"Michael is going to casino today specifically to meet a client,goes by Smith Kincaid. He is a nasty piece of work. In order to talk to him,you need to bring your wife or girlfriend along and gamble with him. If you lose,which you have to, he will sleep with their woman."
He said as calmly as the sea but I was freaking out. Is this why Michael is taking me along?

"He is attending the casino today to fleece Michael which is why he needs to be their. Michael is a good gambler,no doubt but that man has been gambling even before Michael was born. He practically brought casinos in Italy."

"What can I do,Mateo?"

"My son is a very moral man when it comes to his challenges. He would do anything to protect you but only by playing fair so he would never accept my advice. So incase he doesn't make it, I want you to step in and stack the decks in your favor."

"Decks stacked... wait,so you want me to cheat?" I almost gasped that Mateo had mentioned something like this.

"Smith is no saint himself. He is a compulsive gambler. So you beat him at his own game. The bigger the pot,the more he wants to stay in the game. The best way to beat players like him is fast with no remorse. One hand and you win." I was flipping at how he said these things so casually because I myself had never done these things before.

"But doesn't this beat the whole point?"
I bit the shit out of my nails.

"It doesn't matter how you win, mi niña, as long as you are the last woman standing." He passed a bunch of papers to me.

"This is the deed of the casino!!?"

"Keep it, you will need it." He smiled and disappeared behind the door.

Present,

"But I still don't understand what it has to do with this Silverware guy." Mason squeaked like a child as if I was telling him a bedtime story.

"Goldwater." The dealer corrected.
"Johnny has nimble fingers, he can move his fingers fast enough to flip the cards. He landed up in my hospital when some guys had beaten him to death. That's how I know him."I said.

"Yes, had to return this lady's favor."

"Wait, so when she drew a third card..."

"I flipped them quickly into another card without anyone noticing except her." He said.

"That is fucking brilliant." Mason said,his face lit up with surprise. Michael just stood their,gazing at me like I was the most amazing thing in this universe, even though I had only cheated.

"Out." He finally said.
Johnny and Mason left immediately leaving us alone.
He came closer to me,wrapping his arms around my waist and squeezing my ass. I let out a gasp.
"Why didn't you tell me all of this?" I was crushed against his chest, his cooling sensation messing up things between my legs.