26

Jimin was welcomed by Alpha Dowon standing at the doorstep for some unknown reason he had fear written all over his face. His palms were sweaty, eyeballs seeming to gouge out of them. “Greetings Alpha,” Jimin spoke in his monotonous voice ignoring the fact the older male had seemed to have lost his senses after seeing Jimin’s arrival from his expedition.

It wasn’t any unknown fact in the pack Jimin had gone to seek answers. Afterall it was the world of wolves. Nothing could be hidden perfectly from the others.

Park Jimin was the hottest topic currently. After him leaving his pack for his second chance mate. Things seem to have taken a huge turn in their life now. “Jimin, you’re back!” Opening his arms he brings the former in a warm hug. Sweat aspirated on his forehead. Jimin awkwardly reciprocated the affection, clenching his fists seeing the familiar shadow of the female passing through the hallways.

“SHIN KYORIN!” He frantically bursted out, pulling himself off from the Alpha’s embrace. Kyorin smirked walking ahead to see him. “If this ain’t the mighty mate Park Jimin. I see you’re finally here to take me back with you aren’t you?” From the tone of her speech it was obvious she was least bothered with Jimin’s vengeance.

“Suck it up. I could never in my dreams think of taking you back.” She scoffed, leaning closer to him. You held her wrist turning her around. But her gaze still lingered on Jimin whispering in his ears “beloved Lycan.” Jimin’s breath hitched. She smirked facing you now.

“What did you whisper to him?” Shrugging her shoulders she blew on her nails. Twisting her arms you elbowed her in the stomach. She groaned out in pain, falling on her knees. “If you're this desperate to know, why don’t you ask this beloved mate of yours? I’m sure he can answer all your questions. Didn’t you visit the blue mountains? All your answers were answered to him by the Moon Goddess herself.”

Loosening the grip on her shoulders you look at him. Hoping what she stated was false. He wouldn’t have hid something from you would he? “Jimin, what is she saying? We didn’t meet anyone there right?” He grabbed your hands, staring in your eyes hoping you see through his honesty and his reasons to hide the truth from you. Was it possible though? Definitely not, lies are the pure depiction of betrayal the start of the downfall of a healthy relationship. So was the case with you.

“Ever heard of the first Lycan who had a human as his mate?” Shaking your head your eyes unconsciously dictate Kyroin to continue her words. “Your beloved mate right here was the first Lycan though not the first one initially his love for you in his past birth got him that title. You were his mate. Jimin was a human initially due to his deeds; he was cursed to be a part of the supernatural world. I was his mate, the unloved mate. He was bound to have me, yet he chose you. His human mate. I killed you in the end, after a war we had. It didn’t settle well with Jimin and he killed himself with the same sword you had been assassinated with.”

“After causing a massacre of his kind he dies, not being able to tolerate your death. Well, that wasn’t something I was expecting. From my assumptions I had hoped he’ll forget you once you’re dead. Being the lovesick and loyal fool that he was, he vowed to stay by your side. Funny isn’t it, the powerful Lycan died along with his lover. This isn’t the real thing though. Your beloved Jimin was supposed to be your mate even in this birth. The twist begins, when my curse that I had dawned in your lives during your previous birth worked out. I became his everything. First kiss, first love and his first woman.”

She stressed her last sentence, laughing crookedly. “The hell is she blabbering? Jimin tell me she’s lying. There’s no such thing as previous birth bullshit right? Her curse didn’t come true, did it?” Glancing at him desperately, you were beseeching him to put an end to all her false statements.

“Poor Y/N Jimin broke his promise he made to you. He had promised to not claim me as his in any of his births. Guess promises are meant to be broken after all aren’t they?” Clenching your jaw you held her throat, hindering the oxygen supply from her lungs. That didn’t affect Kyorin. She smiled. Licking her lips. “You are the second woman this birth, you always have been. Jimin’s second chance mate.”

Betrayal was all that you felt in this very moment. The word promise in itself was a web of lies, and him breaking one wasn’t justifying or summing up any of your doubts. “I’m sorry, I’m so damn fucking sorry.” Wrapping his arms around your shoulders he sobbed miserably. “How could you?” Was all you could question him about? Being at a loss of words or perhaps you knew what to ask. The inbuilt fear in you restricted you from yelling at him.

“Second woman? How does it feel to be one Y/N?” Jimin threw Kyorin off to the other side. The sounds of her bones cracking were heard. “Dare you repeat those things again, I wouldn’t think twice before bethroating you Shin Kyorin.” It's rightly said, love brings you extreme joy or pain. You had felt those emotions, the other one being the most experienced one.

“A second woman? How does it feel to be a second woman? It doesn’t feel good. The seed of insecurity and self doubt never seems to leave my heart and mind. This is how it feels to be a second woman.” Gazing at the parched ground you mindlessly answer. Tears trickled down Jimin’s face.

“I’m your second woman right?” Raising your head up, your orbs pierced at the man standing in front of you. A lone tear escaped your vision. Not bothering to wipe it off you beamed at him painfully. “I’m your second woman ain’t I Park Jimin?” He vigorously shook his head. “No you’re not, you never will be.”

But did it heal your scarred heart? It didn’t. Striding ahead, you walked inside the packhouse heading straight to his room. Laying down on his bed. “Am I allowed to be here? Is a second woman permitted to love freely? No I’m not, I’ve always been his second priority.”

Loud bangs were heard, making you shut your eyes. “Y/N please open the door, listen to me. Give me a chance to explain myself. Trust me it wasn’t my intention to hide that from you.”

Trust, chance and explantion aren’t they all queer elements of life. Humans or creatures, their sole existence passes by seeking truth and right people’s company to find all these factors.

“You broke your promise and hid the truth from me. How am I supposed to trust you now, Park Jimin? At the end of the day I was nothing but a mere second chance mate to you. A second unwanted woman in your life.”