CHAPTER 6

"It's funny. Very funny how you think those three stupid words would make me fall at your feet" pulling her hands from his grip she pointed her finger in his face "Listen smarty pants don't get ahead of yourself. What makes you think she likes you? You're just some other guy passing by so do yourself a favour, play cute guy and move along like the others"

"You're not Lexi. You're the reason why those things keep happening to Lexi, why she couldn't move on, why all those guys left. What are you?"

"I'm a part of Lexi and I'm simply trying to protect her"

"Making every guy and friend she makes leave her, yeah, protecting her"

"You know nothing about Lexi. Literally nothing. You think because you have some lousy crush on her you understand her. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not going to let you get close to her. Never"

"Who are you?"

"I told you before. I'm Kali" and with that she walked away leaving Brett standing in the garden confused all over again.

Brett wanted to explain the whole situation to Dan. It'd been a while since they spoke but they had a bond that couldn't be broken.

Dan had become Brett's 'go to' any time he had a problem he couldn't seem to wrap his head around. He went to Dan's office as soon as he was done with his final classes for that day.

"Hi Professor"

"Professor? We're alone" Dan laughed while clearing his table ready to listen to whatever Brett had come to say.

"How's it going with Lexi? You guys seem..happy?"

"Actually about that. I'm here to talk about that"

"Did you guys break up? It hasn't even been 3 months"

"No no, it's not that. It's Lexi"

"Is something wrong with her?"

"Well, when I started seeing Lexi I noticed some strange things. She would act different sometimes, talk different. She even does some things and forgets doing them. A lot of time she speaks and refers to Lexi like she isn't Lexi. It was all so confusing"

"She had memory gaps?"

"Yes"

"How sure are you?"

"We went to the aquarium on her nineteenth birthday. She was acting..different you know? It was even more confusing because whenever I read her mind she says things and then in reality she does something completely different. For example she said she'd never been to the aquarium because she never had anyone to go with but at the aquarium it felt like she knew everywhere. She even told me she'd been there so many times"

"Brett, has she ever mentioned some other name besides Lexi? I mean herself"

"The first time I ever spoke to her she introduced herself as Kali and the last time we spoke too"

"Brett I know what you are thinking"

"And I know you are thinking the same as well"

"I would have said I shouldn't jump to conclusions but I really can't help it. Lexi doesn't even know about this Kali"

"Don't tell her, not until you are sure"

"You also think the same thing so why shouldn't we tell her. We might still be able to help her. This Kali girl is stopping Lexi from living a normal life. Lexi needs to go through psychotherapy"

"Look Brett this will be a lot to take in especially for Lexi. She's been going through people telling her she's done things she doesn't even remember. Now you tell her *Hey Lexi I think you need to have psychotherapy, you're not crazy or anything just that you have another girl called Kali sharing a body with you*, how interesting is that?"