CHAPTER 15

Brett laid helpless on what felt like a soft bed as he tried hard to regain consciousness. He used all the strength he could muster to pull his body up only for him to slip back down.

He realised he wasn't alone, there were voices which he couldn't quite make out. He tried to listen to the words he could hear but he couldn't make clear sense of anything.

“...you wanted..on you…all of this.” 

Gathering some strength, he opened his eyes, shutting it quickly as the bright lights from the room rushed into his dilated pupils. He slowly reopened them, taking in his environment.

He looked down at himself realising he had been tied up. His hands and legs were tied with what seemed to be cable ties. He was in a bathtub which was installed at the centre of the room.

He tried hard to pry his hands apart causing the cable ties to bite into his skin. He let out a low groan of pain trying to avoid making them aware he was awake but the way the figure turned and looked to his direction said otherwise.

The figure rushed at him, hands in the air attempting to knock him out again when Kali suddenly screamed out.

“Stop. Don't hit him.”

“I don't need him disturbing me or trying to ruin my plans.”

“I'll talk to him, he'll behave.” Kali walks towards Brett in the bathtub.

“We're gonna get rid of you soon or you can make it even faster by acting stupid.”

“Why are you doing this? He's the bad guy.”

“You don't know anything.”

“Yes, I do. You told me everything.”

“Ryan, it looks like we're going to need that tape and a new cable tie .” Ryan walked towards them with cable ties and tape before returning back to read his book.

Kali retrieved the scissors from the back pocket of her blue denim shorts. She cut through the cable ties on his wrist as she attempted to replace them with new ones.

“Can you hear me?” she asked as she held Brett's hands. “ If you can blink twice.”

She watched as he blinked his eyes twice before she spoke again.

“Ryan is probably going to talk to you or whatever and he's going to tell me to leave. I don't know how much time I'll need but I'm going to bring the cops here. We're finally going to get rid of him.”

“You have to be careful.” He whispered.

“I'll be careful. I'm sorry for everything.”

“How long is it going to take?” Ryan asked as Kali quickly put the tape on Brett's mouth.

A few moments passed before Ryan asked Kali to leave them alone.

“Don't go too far.”

"I'll just go to the store and get something to eat." With that, Kali left, leaving Ryan and Brett alone.

Ryan gripped the chair as he dragged it towards the centre of the large room stopping beside the bathtub. He sat down facing Brett.

“Well hello, I'm Ryan. I'm sure you already know that. How did you find the book?”

“My apologies.” he pulled the tape off Brett's lips.

“Much better.”

“Why did you kill all those people?”

“They're all just part of the book. Important characters and they'll be remembered forever.”

“You're crazy. You killed people, a lot of people and that's all you have to say.”

“You can't understand but feel free to talk because in a few minutes you'll be gone. I'm sure you want to ask something. Ask it.”

“Tris. Why did you do that to her?”

“I could have sworn you were going to ask for her fingernails but that works too. It's all your fault, you took something that wasn't yours.”

“You left her.”

“She was meant to wait.”

“Wait for someone who just up and left?”

“She was doing a pretty good job at it until you came along.”

“So you hit me that night to prevent me from telling the cops. I didn't even know a murder had taken place”

“What do you mean?”

“The night of your first murder. I was the guy you knocked out.”

“Well that's news ” he laughed, pulling on the tiny hair on his chin.

“I've been curious about something since that night.”

“What will that be?”

“Why didn't you kill me? You hit me but why didn't you make sure I was dead?”

“It was a little mistake on my part.”

A smirk slowly creeped up his face before he spoke. “You're not the real killer.”

***
A/N

I realised I like this “”
I might start naming chapters. Thanks AundreaKeiona
Use the star button down there ( ˘ ³˘)❤

~_123girl;)