CHAPTER 12

Sometimes some things were so hard to come to terms with. Hearing the name fall out from her lips left him confused. He knew Dan enough to know that he wasn't that type of person.

He sat beside the bed as he watched Lexi sleep peacefully. He had a lot to tell her and he didn't know where to start from. His little outing took a turn for the worst.

He was sitting down there battling with himself and the 'truth' he just heard from Kali.

He watched Lexi tousle around on the bed before she slowly opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes shyly as she sat up trying to comb through her wild hair with her fingers.

"Hi" she said with her sleep laced voice.

"Hey"

"How are you in here? What's the time?"

"You let me in here, well Kali did and it's just a little past 6pm"

"Kali let you in"

"She let me in"

"Why exactly were you here to begin with?"

"Well I actually wanted us to hang out"

"Like a date?"

"Yeah, like a date"

"But you met Kali and what happened?"

"Lexi I know what you're thinking and it's not exactly how you are envisioning the whole thing"

"You went on a date with her. I guess that's the meaning of everything you just said"

"I'm sorry, I really am. But it just happened and she can be really..."

"Persuasive?"

"Yeah, persuasive"

"Then you should have left. I don't care if we share the same body. You're my boyfriend not hers"

"Lexi, I understand but I need you to calm down" he reached out to her trying to touch her shoulders but she backed away, the tip of his fingers merely brushing her shoulders.

"No you don't understand. This is what she does all the time. Next thing she's gonna try to take you away, she'll try to scare you away like she always does"

"That's...she's not like that"

"Oh my word" she scoffed  "Now you even speak for her. Well tell me she hasn't made a move on you"

"I...Lexi"

"What did she do? Kiss you? Try to get you to bed with her?" She said with tears in her eyes.

"Shit no, can you just calm down for a second?"

"She kissed you didn't she?"

"She is you. What's the difference?"

"Don't, she's not me" now she was full on crying. She wasn't sure if she was being overly dramatic but she didn't care. That was how she felt about all of this.

"Don't say we're the same. If you go around kissing her then it's memories I don't have. It just feels like cheating. I know you've been hanging out with her. You said we're opposite so she's probably fun and social and every goddamn thing that I'm not. I see why you enjoy her company"

"I love you. I don't want you getting ideas in your head. I always come around for you but she's somehow always there. But trust me when I say that Kali isn't trying to hurt you or steal anything from you"

"Have you ever thought about the fact that maybe she's developed feelings for you?"

"That's not possible"