Veinticuatro

"Shoot it." Beyoncé smiled. Onika had a gun pointed towards Derick, ready to pull the trigger.

Bey was edging her on, making her do it. She wanted Nicki to feel the power of ending a life. Of someone that deserved it.

Onika wasn't too pleased with the idea, but was willing to do whatever her lover asked her. Her heart was racing and fingers trembling.

Although she was used to seeing or hearing others lives be taken away, she could never see herself doing it.

It was different for her.

"Right there. That thing right there will be the end of our problems." She whispered. Onika nodded her head, getting ready to shoot.

Her mind was telling her to get it over with, but her body was doing different.

Beyoncé wouldn't do it on her own, she wanted only Nicki to do it. If she didn't, then it wouldn't get done.

The only thing Bey would do, was give her words of encouragement. A little push to reach their goal.

They knew what they wanted, and it was for Derick to be gone.

When Onika said it, she didn't mean it in that way, but once she realized Beys intentions, she was on board.

Fear wasn't an issue, it was the guilt afterwards.

Onika didn't want to feel guilty about taking someone's life. Someone's son, brother and possibly father.

The pain those people would feel, would fall onto her heavy.

She knew the feeling of loosing someone close to the streets, and this time, she would be the one taking someone away.

You have to be a strong individual to not care about the lives you take. Onika was strong, but to a certain extent.

Taking a life wasn't in her vision.

"This is what we want. Right baby?" Beyoncé rubbed her arm softly. Onika nodded her head, swallowing the lump in her throat.

She started to think about what her parents would think.

"You were born for this...you've seen a life be taken away?" Beyoncé asked sweetly.

Onika nodded her head, keeping her focus on the man in front of her. He was squirming, begging for his life.

The huge room was empty, no one but the three of them, and an empty chair. Minus the one Derick was tied to.

"Onika..please I have a son." He begged. She blinked her eyes and looked at Bey.

Beyoncé caught the hint and took the gun, walking her outside.

"Bey...we can't do that.. he has a son." She whispered lowly.

Beyoncé knew he was lying. Derick had no children, barely even a girlfriend. He worked with her, so she knew everything.

That came with being business partners.

"He doesn't have kids baby...I promise you. You can do it...you got this. It's in your blood baby." She smiled.

Onika waited a while, before taking hold of the gun again. Walking inside the dark room.

It was the same building they'd previously been in months ago. Onikas mind went to what Beyoncé told her then:

Now if you stay a little longer you might witness that murder.

It was crazy to her because here she is...about to murder someone. Not once would she have thought it would be this way, but here it is.

"Bey...remember when you told me I would witness a murder if I stayed longer?" She asked.

Beyoncé smiled at the moment and wrapped her arms securely around Nickis waist. Holding her head in her neck.

"Mmm. I do. You stayed...and here's your murder." She kissed the exposed skin.

Pulling away, she fixed the gun to a headshot. Nicki took a deep breath, fixing her stance to the way she was taught.

If she stood any other way, the power of the gun would send her back.

Dressed in her all black, also in style, she looked at Beyoncé for a final time.

Earning a head nod, she cocked the gun, getting a sound back.

Click click.

Beyoncé wrapped her arms around her waist again, for comfort.

"Shoot." She whispered.

Onika looked into Derick eyes, seeing the pleading, but chose to think of all the things he'd done to the two.

"Shoot it." Beyoncé held her tighter.

She gasped and looked at the set of arms around her. The regret was settling already.

Why am I doing this, she thought. A wave of denial came through, but was pushed away when Beyoncé let her go.

Bey looked in her eyes, hardening her face. She knew how Onika was thinking, and needed to make her let it go.

Onikas heart was too big for something like that, and Beys mission was to toughen her up in a way that no one would think.

"Shoot it." She gritted. Onika nodded her head, focusing on her target.

I'm a killer, she thought. All she could do was think.

Between the begging and pushing, she zoned it all out. Only giving her mind the access.

It felt like two people were sitting on her shoulder; devil and angel.

Shoot the gun Onika, he deserves it.
No one deserves to die. Don't.
No one but him. Do it Onika or you'll let your lover down.

She knew that wasn't true.

He's not worth it.
He's more than worth it. This all depends on you. If you don't, he'll continue his actions.
Everyone can change.
Everyone but him. Shoot it.

"Shoot the gun Onika. Right there." Beyoncé wrapped back around Onikas waist.

Onika felt like she'd knocked the angel off her shoulder, only hearing the negative.

It's just you and me now, you've got this. Shoot.

"Shoot." Beyoncé gritted.

Onika came to realize...Beyoncé was her devil.

POW! POW!

"Easy right?" Beyoncé smiled. Onika dropped the gun, rubbing her hands on the black tights she wore.

"Holy shit." She whispered.

"I love you so much." Beyoncé kissed her.

"I love you too."