Volume 1: Tide Turner

Toma Hisoka POV

"How incredibly awkward."

It was currently lunch time. Matsushita and Ayanokouji left a moment ago to get the old exam papers from a senpai, which left me and Shizuko...and Kushida. We had decided to take this matter to a discrete hallway that not many people use. 

"Hmph."

Kushida had a completely different face than usual, one of anger and annoyance. This morning Shizuko told me all about what happened with her, Kushida and Matsushita at a rooftop.  It coincides with my distrust for her, but I didn't expect her behavior to run this deep. 

"Honestly, no one would've guessed this of all things."

"What's my past have to do with you?" Kushida retorted.

"Quite literally, nothing. Whatever your past was, it doesn't really concern me."

"So why are we here then?"

"Because you need to be kept on a leash."

I grabbed her by the shoulders then looked her in the eye.

"We won't order you around as much as you expect us to, but we need you to keep your mouth shut. We won't say a thing in exchange or you not trying anything against us."

"I won't do shit! I can't even trust you t-"

"Whether you do it or not depends on you. Just think of the consequences before making your choice. Try anything against us and I will have you expelled, no trial needed." I said in a provoking tone.

"Tch, if you break that empty promise of yours I'm taking you down with me."

"You can't take down something that's already at the very bottom Kushida. Even if the two of us were expelled, there are always other means for getting to college or a good job."

I let her go with those words, then left the area with Shizuko. We would have to keep an especially close eye on Kushida, I don't trust her enough to give her important tasks so I'm just going to leave her be.

"What will you do niisan?" Shizuko asked.

"We let her do what she's doing right now, being popular. However if she tries something against us, I'll have to remind her of her place." I answered.

"And the midterm?"

"It's all in Ayanokouji's hands now."

To put it bluntly, Shizuko and I have nothing else to do for the midterm aside study for our own. Hirata has everyone under control, and according to Ayanokouji, Horikita is teaching the three idiots once again. It's probably because of a talk the two of them had while we were dealing with Horikita-senpai.

We just have to wait it out.

___________________________________________________________________

Matsushita POV

"So what's up with that Ayanokouji-kun?" I asked.

We had finished up making the deal with that Class D senpai and he promised to give us the tests in exchange for points. Ayanokouji-kun understood how boys work, so he brought me along for an easier negotiation.

"It's a last resort like I said. Horikita and Toma-kun told me to do this in case our classmates don't fair well while studying. I'm also a bit anxious about my own score." He said.

So this was all Toma-kun and Horikita-san's doing? I don't think I buy it just yet.

"You sure you didn't have a hand in all this?" I tried digging for information.