Spring Cleaning

Two weeks have come and gone as I hoped for.

I left that tall building as if I was leaving a long since dead relationship, I felt alive once I stepped out of the building for one last time.

Sadly, most of my things couldn't come with me, as I have no vehicle or any friends to help me move to my grandpa's old farm, I could only get things that I could carry. I had almost no strength, so the furniture was not coming either. Most things I could carry were photos, money, and clothes for my adventure, also the journal my father gave me.

I never wrote or drew any doodles in it but maybe I will use it in the future.

I waited by the bus stop holding some money for when the bus surely arrived. Almost the only money I have left in my pocket.
Soon I heard the screeching halt of a community bus and looked up to see its doors opening.
Once its thin glass doors were fully open to welcome passengers I walk into the bus and put the coin into its money slot.

I walked onto the mildly empty bus, with a few young and old sitting and minding their business.

I sat on the community bus with the little amount of stuff I manage to bring with me, my little suitcase.

The bus made a rumble and rattled before moving once more.

After a good while, the bus began to drive out of Zuzu city, the sights began to look more appealing.

The sight was similar and familiar, nostalgic even, but time slightly altered the view of the valley my father used to drive through to go to the little cabin on the huge farm.

The valley was full of high hills that went up and down and could have been mistaken for mountains, grass covering almost every steep hill I could see like well-made fondant on a cake.

The sight was breathtaking, sure I have seen it lots while I was younger, this was the first time in my adulthood that I have reseen its beauty.

As the bus passed the steep hills of the Valley, the views of trees filled with pink and green leaves danced when the wind blew across the sky.

The sights were most lifeful than anything in Zuzu City.

Soon the bus was slowing down, noticing the entrance of a familiar town.

Pelican Town.

I thanked the tired driver and carefully stepped off the local bus.

To my surprise when I was greeted by a lady with red hair that was like the color of mandarine oranges up in a half-up half-down ponytail and soft green eyes similar to sea glass. She had a lively-colored outfit with a butterscotch yellow long-sleeved and a gingerbread brown vest with pearl white fluff along its hood that was down, paired with pine green jeans and dark wood brown boots.

"Hello! You must be the new farmer!" She spoke to me, a voice that was smooth like honey but was just as lively and warming with a tint of country that came with living in the countryside.

"Yeah, I am. Um, and you?" I asked her, hoping I don't come across as nervous, first impressions and all.

"I am Robin, the local carpenter." she introduced herself, taking out her hand to shake mine, which I return by taking out my hand and shaking her hand. The handshake was quick as I return my hand to my side.

"Mayor Lewis sent me here to fetch you and show you the way to your new home," Robin explains to me. "He's there right now, tidying things up for your arrival."

I nod, remember when I went home after giving my now former manager my resignation paper, I gave the mayor a call asking about my grandfather's lot. I probably should have called before I gave my former manager that paper but for my luck, it was kept open for years after granddad's passing.