Chapter One - Keepers Everywhere

A retelling of The Ten Keepers: Book One's Prologue and Chapters 1-4

The Prologue

Olvan's POV

It was a typical day at Greenhaven, (location: Erdas, fanfiction: Spirit Animals). Everything was... alright, if we were to put this mildly. Except the Four Fallen were suddenly summoned as Spirit Animals a few weeks ago and were currently trying to find Arax the Ram but other than that-

-everything was honestly fine! I mean, it could be much worse-

An ominous set of knocks interrupted Olvan's train of thought as Lenori walks in, a serious look on her face.

"Olvan."

"Lenori...?" The leader of the Greencloaks slowly replied, his eyebrow raised.

There was a dramatic pause. And then-

"I had a dream."

"That's... nice," he responded hesitantly. "Was it a nice dream?"

"Well, actually," Lenori tries again, "It's a... it's another prophetic dream-"

A pause.

"For the love of Tellun-"

Keepers in Amaya

Zoron's POV

The clues for the prophetic dream starts off in Amaya, specifically to a set of siblings preparing for their Nectar Ceremony.

And you must be wondering: but author, unless they're twins, how can the older sibling have their ceremony without the risk of getting bonding sickness?

And here I finally address such loopholes officially: Just roll with it. We need wholesome sibling vibes.

Zoron was fixing his hair as he finally prepared himself for his own Nectar Ceremony, and for plot purposes, he waited an entire year- risking Bonding Sickness -just so he could share it with his younger sister... because that's totally what siblings do.

Zoey suddenly barged into his room, loudly yelling, "HOW MUCH LONGER ARE YOU GONNA FIX YOUR HAIR?"

"Holy Haliwir, sis," Zoron hissed, almost having a heart attack, "I'm done! I'm done!"

"Finally!" Zoey cheered, dragging him out of his room and into the clearing where everyone else was gathered for the Nectar Ceremony, "Let's get this ceremony over with so I can finally summon my Spirit Animal who I can be best friends with for life and death!"

"Sounds about right," Zoron muttered, looking around nervously as the Nectar Ceremony finally begins.

"We are gathered together on this very sunny day," Daysun said, the Greencloak emceeing the Nectar Ceremony. "And today, we're gonna witness some hearts bond and hearts break so let's get this started folks!"

And indeed hearts did break as two random children, who joined them for the ceremony, sipped their nectars and didn't get a Spirit Animal. Now it was Zoey's turn, and like the wholesome older sibling he is, Zoron began strongly manifesting for her to get a Spirit Animal.

"Zoey," Daysun said, for the umpteenth time, "Get yo Nectar of Ninani, gurl <3."

The siblings exchange an odd glance. Then Zoey takes a chug outta that ne- I mean, she only took a sip. She didn't chug. She sipped.

Then out from a blinding flash of light, a white rabbit came hopping out of nowhere and towards Zoey, who automatically kneeled down to pet it. Everyone watched in awe, including Zoron, until Zoey squeals-