Chapter Four - GeT sOmE MaRbLe SwAnS

A retelling of Ten Keepers: Book One's Chapters 8-10.

Back Home

Zoron's POV

Tellun's Pride was a ship that they all currently rode. You know what else is a ship though? Heh. You'll find out in 3... 2-

"sQUAWK!"

"Ow!" Zoron cringed, covering his ears as he glared at the not-very-happy falcon, "I know you don't like water but there's a perfectly good option I'm offering, ya know? The tattoo thing-"

"SQUAWAWAWAWAWWAK!"

"Then don't complain, for Essix's sake!"

"Trouble in paradise?"

Zoron jumped, whirling around to find Hope approaching him, a small smile on her face and helioschistahvbbwbdkwfk-

"Oh hey! Ah, no he's..." his voice trailed off as he gestured at Lazu who chose to fly away like a jerk. "...yep. He's trouble in paradise alright."

"Well if it's any comfort, I'm sure Faith would've stayed out if she had wings," Hope reassured.

"Fair point." Then Zoron quickly backtracked, "Not that I'm criticizing your bond or anything-"

"I know you're not-" Hope started.

"RUSTY YA LIL MUTT, GET BACK HERE!" John comes in to interrupt the scene.

"-and there goes our screentime," Hope sighed.

Eilene and George both followed closely by, completely interrupting Zope's screentime. Everyone on deck watched as John chased the wolf around the ship like a madman.

"BRIGGAN'S SAKES, RUSTY, WHY ARE YOU BEING A MENACE?"

Eilene started. "You know, maybe you shouldn't have called him a 'mutt' in the first place."

"I don't need your help," John snapped.

Eilene narrowed her eyes. "Right. You need help, period."

George choked on spit, "Mother-"

"Language." Both John and Eilene interrupted.

"-Erdas, may you remain forever green and waste-free."

"Of all the perspectives, it had to be our moment that they interrupted," Zoron complained, which Hope nodded in agreement with.

"Essix's eyes... the kids are getting along!" Eric squealed from out of nowhere.

There was silence.

"I'm out," Eilene announced, shuffling away.

Eric frowned. "Did I say something wrong?"

"Uh, nope," Zoron said, exchanging a glance with Hope before shaking his head, "We are absolutely getting along really well."

As soon as the gang docked on the huge ports of Concorba, they began wandering around like a flock of lost tourists, Eric and Ella chaotically attempting to round everyone up whilst simultaneously looking for... whoever it was they needed to look for.

"I've never lived in a big city before," Hope commented, a little awestruck.

Somewhere in the background, Jef and Ivan are discretely smuggling some meatsticks from a street vendor while Zoey played third imposter, distracting the said vendor.

"Me neither," Zoron commented, finding the perfect opportunity for their hearts and souls to bond, the stars aligning in this very moment. He coughed out, "I, uh, still prefer our small town, you know?"