unpleasant meeting

!Contains violence!

Enjoy 🤲🏻
________________________

On a quiet morning, the sun just about rising above the horizon, a young woman was already up to take care of her small farm. Well, it wasn't hers exactly. Her two older brothers owned the farm, but Serena, the name of the woman, helped them with the hard work.

Her brothers were still asleep while she watered the plants, occasionally greeting some neighbors that passed by.

She lived in a village, it wasn't small, neither very big. It was a village with an average amount of silver contained inside its houses.

She knew that the so called "northmen" were looking for silver, but never have they attacked her village. She never even saw one of those brutes, only heard stories about their terrifying longships with the heads of a dragon, the physical massiveness of the north people, and the brutal way of slaughtering the villagers without any mercy.

She was glad to not have met them yet, and so she kept on living her life in peace.

As she took care of the plants, she didn't know the change of everyone's life was approaching. Still far, but quickly coming closer.

Serena quietly hummed a song as she grabbed a bucket with corn, on her way to feed the chicken, but she stopped in her movement as she saw something in the distance, on the water, coming towards their shore. She narrowed her eyes to try and see through the fog that was floating above the sea, but as soon as she heard the sound of a horn being blown, her eyes widened again.

As well as her, the other villagers didn't know what was happening, but the horn definitely was nothing good.

Her brothers woke up from the sound too, quickly running out of their rooms to join Serena
outside.

For a short moment it was quiet again, only the heavy breathing of the villagers being heard, and then, heavy steps in the fog, getting louder as the attackers ran towards the village.

Serena froze in shock when the fog finally let the attackers show themselves. Northmen. They were running towards the village.

And just like in all the legends that Serena has heard, they were massive, with fur on their shoulders, their ship with the head of a dragon. She looked around in panic as all the other villagers started running for their lifes, filling the air with fearful screams.

Serena's brothers quickly ran back into the house, grabbing their swords that were hidden behind the front door, before running outside again, towards the brutes,

"No, you will get killed, stop it" she yelled after them in pure panic, but her brothers didn't listen.

They had some experiences in combat, but they weren't prepared for this.
As they ran towards the northmen, one of them, Sven his name, slaughtered his way through the two. He moved in a ninja like manner and swung his two axes to seperate one of the brother's head from the body, the sound of metal against bone echoing through the village as blood spilled all over his clothing,

"NO" Serena screamed, watching the whole scene with frightened and unbelieving eyes.
Her other brother, shocked by the quick death of his brother, but him having to follow shortly after, having to feel Sven's axe being thrown right into his chest, cutting through the ribcage like through butter. The man fell backwards to the ground a few seconds later, letting Serena scream even louder as she fell to her knees, never ending tears running down her cheeks.

While the northmen ran deeper into the village, killing everyone who dared to stand in their way, Sven was still with the two dead brothers, pulling his axe out of the one's chest with a content smile.
Although then he looked over at Serena, seeing her crying on the ground, but instead of feeling bad, he twisted his axe in his hand and approached her with a creepy smile.