Visiting the past

Here's the new chapter!

This one contains:

Abuse, PTSD, flashbacks, violence, blood

read at own risk

Enjoy <3

_____________________

Yrsa was very confused about Serena's behavior, especially after the british kept distancing herself from the brute the next day.
The small woman didn't even work on cleaning the house anymore, instead she stayed away.
It annoyed the brute more and more each hour that she stayed distanced, and she was even...worried.

She still didn't know about Serena's feelings, but her reacting the way she did to seeing Yrsa kiss a woman was strange.

Yrsa knew she should talk to Serena, but she figured the british wouldn't even listen to her.

Serena, sitting on a rock, wrapped in her fur blanket and watching the villagers go by thought about it all. She shouldn't feel anything for the brute, considering she was the main reason that her brothers were dead and her life had turned upside down. It was all Yrsa's fault, still, the british was getting attached to the viking leader.

"Hey there small one" she heard a voice say, and she looked over, only to see Sven approach her. She immediately tensed up, her hands pulled into fists as she narrowed her eyes, "stay away" she said, and the men smirked slightly as he raised his arms in defense, "don't worry, I'm not here to do anything" he answered, leaving the woman to be suspicious.

The man just stopped next to her, looking around as he crossed his arms, "you're a feisty one you know that. No surprise the allmighty Yrsa likes you" he said, grinning, and Serena's eyebrows furrowed as she raised her chin a little, "what are you talking about? She feels nothing. I saw her kissing another woman".

Sven just chuckled quietly, "so you do like her huh".

Serena scoffed as she shook her head, looking away from him, not responding anything to that.

The man rolled his eyes slightly before leaning down to the woman a little, causing her to lean back to create some distance, "well she clearly likes you. Otherwise she wouldn't have stood in my way to take you" he said, moving a hand to lightly touch the woman's arm in a gross manner.

The woman instinctively pulled her arm away before reeling back and just hitting him straight in the face, the man falling back to the ground.
The woman stood up, looking down at Sven, "don't you ever touch me again" she hissed before leaving, heading back to Yrsa's house.

Sven touched his face after he'd got hit, but just smirked slightly as he sat up and watched the woman go. He raised an eyebrow with a quiet chuckle, amused about Serena not even noticing Yrsa's feelings.

Serena, angry about Sven's disgusting behavior, headed back to Yrsa's house. His words did make her think. Maybe the brute did like her, but she couldn't deal with her feelings. The british really didn't know, but she knew she should clear it up and ask Yrsa, talk to her.

As she looked for the brute in her house, she noticed she wasn't there. Serena looked around everywhere, but she was nowhere to be found, so she figured the Jarl was in the longhouse. She made her way over to it.

Serena went inside, looking around, but stopped once she did see Yrsa there, sitting at a table, a cup of Met in her hand.

She sighed as she approached, but she paused slightly as she noticed the viking cry.

Yrsa had been sitting there for a while already, thinking.
She held her head with one hand as tears fell down her face, although then Serena sat down next to her, causing the viking to get startled and quickly wipe away her tears to hide her sadness.