My saviour

Here's the next chapter

Contains: blood and violence

Enjoy <3

____________________

A few days passed after Serena's whole life changed and she ended up with the vikings, working as a slave.

At that point she was cleaning Yrsa's house. She hated working as a housewife. She was used to be able to work on a farm with animals, not clean up the big brute's mess.

As she cleaned the room, she noticed a knife on Yrsa's desk. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she took it in, but jumped slightly when she heard that the brute was coming back.

The viking stepped into the house, looking around as she went over to the bedroom to sit on her bed, stretching out a little.
Serena glanced over at her but then looked at the knife again. She knew it was stupid, but at least worth a try. If she managed to hurt Yrsa or even kill her, she could run off and finally be free.

She thought about it for a moment before finally grabbing the knife. She slowly sneaked up to the bedroom, moving behind the wooden screen that seperated it from the rest of the room, before moving towards Yrsa from behind. She was very quiet as she moved, Yrsa didn't even notice her.

Then, Serena striked. She jumped onto the brute who got startled and growled, but then let out a cry of pain when the british rammed the knife into the brute's shoulder. The viking immediately moved a hand back to grab her hair and throw her off and to the ground.

Serena gasped in pain as she hit the ground, but then quickly stood up again. She knew the red head was angry, very angry, so her fight of flight instinct kicked in and she just ran for it. She ran out of the house, grabbing some fur on her way to wrap it around herself as she ran into the woods. She didn't know where to go, but she hoped to just get away from them.

"SERENA" the brute yelled in anger and followed her outside, pulling the knife out of her shoulder to toss it to the ground before clutching her wound. She looked around once outside, seeing Serena's footsteps in the snow. She knew taking care of her wounds first would be better, but she couldn't risk Serena to get killed. Of course she was just her slave, but she did feel some kind of pity for the woman.

She moved a hand up to use two fingers and her mouth to whistle. Shortly after her bear came running to her, "come on boy, we need to go" she said and climbed onto the bear's back, sitting on it, although awkwardly because of her hurting shoulder,

"Yrsa!" She heard a man call, so she looked over. Arne. He went over to her, "by the gods, your arm. What happened?" He asked worridly, and the brute shook her head slightly, "Serena ran off" she answered.
"She ran off?" Her brother repeated, "I need to find her, before someone or something else does" she added and then rode off, following the trail in the snow.

Arne watched her go before looking around in shock, but then got an idea, so he whistled. A snowy owl came flying towards him, so he raised his arm to let it land on it, "Loki, follow Yrsa" the man said simply, and the owl tilted its head to the side before flying off again, following Yrsa and Bjørn.

Serena kept running, occasionally getting a foot stuck in the snow causing her to trip, but she quickly got up again and kept on moving. She knew the viking would probably follow her, so she had to be fast and try to find something where she could hide. Although, she didn't know that Yrsa wasn't the only one who followed her.

Yrsa kept riding as fast as Bjørn could. The trail was still very much visible in the snow, but then as it started snowing, the viking looked up at the sky, shaking her head. It looked like it would be storming any second, so she had to find Serena before that happened.