Chapter Twelve

"So, they just jumped you?" I ask dapping cream on his face.

I am sitting in bed with Dimitri as he tells me how some guys jumped him in Italy, I tell you this world is crazier than I thought. I look down at him as I apply the cream and he is looking up at me golden-brown eyes light and I relax.

I finish apply the cream to his face giving him a light kiss Dimitri tightens his hold on me pulling me into his lap saddling him we sit making out for a while before we were both out of breath. I run my hand through his hair just taking him in and everything else just fades and this is my happy place.

"Do you want me run a bath or make you something to eat?" I ask and he shakes his head telling me no.

"I just want to stay right here" he says I lower my head to his stroking his cheek just relaxing.

We stay in each other's hold just enjoying each other before his phone started ringing, he pulls back giving me a kiss before removing me from his lap. He takes up his phone looking at the caller id before ending it he turns to me golden-brown eyes taking me in.

"Can I ask you something and you be honest with me?" I say and he nods. "What are we? Is this just for fun or is there something here"

Dimitri moves closer to me taking my hand into his placing a light kiss on my hand.

"You are important to me Este and I care deeply about you but I can't tell you want you want to hear I'm not there yet and I don't want to say something I don't mean and hurt you" he tells me and I know what he is saying.

"I'm not asking you to tell me you love me I just want to know that I matter enough to not be a secret anymore" I say and he nods. "But thank you for telling me where you're at, at least I know where I stand"

"I'm sorry" he says and I shake my head.

I move closer to him giving him a kiss I know how I feel about and now that I know where he's at with his feelings I can adjust.

"You don't have to apologize for your feelings just share them" I tell him and he pulls back looking at me.

"I am truly lucky to have you aren't I?" he asks and I nod.

"Very lucky" I pull him to me kissing him deeply and we get lost in each other.

A few weeks later...

"We have something to tell you guys" I say looking around the room.

It's been a few weeks since everything happened Dimitri and spent some time together talking about how we feel for each other and we both decided it was time we told our families that we are dating.

So, I planned this brunch for all of us to get together and hang out like we did in the days and planning our family vacation together and everyone is having the best time. I look over at Dimitri he gives me a wink and I blush.

"Some of you might have noticed but there is someone special in my life of late and we both decided it's time we let the other important people in our life know" I say and they look at each other.

Just as I was about to tell them one of the guys from the other night that was in Dimitri's living room walks in. He looks at Dimitri and they share a look he looks at his dad before looking at me and this feeling comes over me.

"I'm sorry everyone I have to go" he says standing.

"Dimitri" I step to him and he looks at me.

"I'm sorry" he walks off with the guy and I am standing with a confused look on my face.