0.9

**michael's pov**

i was sitting in my car, staring at the time on my radio.

9:57pm

knowing that it was a ten minute drive, i let out one last sigh and began driving.

the thought of tara being alone overnight scared me. it's not like i didn't think she was strong, because she was. she was one of the strongest girls(inside and out) that i have ever met. but the paranoia and awful thoughts could never leave my brain.

after pulling into a guest parking spot underneath a flickering light and making my way up to the floor that held tara-and luke-'s place, I knocked on the door and fiddled with my hands as I waited.

the wait wasn't too long, though, and soon i was greeted by tara, her hair in a messy bun and her minimal makeup slightly smeared. she was wearing sweatpants and a very worn out band t-shirt.

"hey, uh, come inside." she opened the door wide and invited me in, stretching her arm out. i walked in and she closed the door behind me. "welcome to my very humble abode." she lightly laughed. i gazed around the apartment. it wasn't that small, in fact, it was bigger than mine in new york, but it definitely seemed like it was missing a few years worth of house inspections. "would you like a drink?" she asked.

"no, thank you.." i answered and she nodded, walking to the couch in the middle of her living room.

i observed the mismatched furniture and smiled to myself. to anyone else, it might've seemed odd, but i knew how much tara liked random things. i used to find how she organized her things incredibly annoying, but that's only because i was always anal about the order and design of things and how even they were.

i was snapped out of my memories as she sat down, placing her head in her hands, seeming distressed. i frowned, walking towards her and taking a seat.

"i'm sorry, michael." she sighed.

"you don't have to keep saying that you're sorry." i shook my head, knowing how much her previous behavior ate at her.

"but i do! it's the only thing that makes me feel somewhat better about everything!" she blurted out, throwing her hands up as i sat next to her. "I'm sorry that i fucked everything up! I'm sorry that i was a bitch, i'm sorry that i'm still a bitch, i'm sor-"

i don't know what came over me, but i quickly cupped her face with my hand and placed my lips on hers. and just as quickly as i did it, i pulled away. her eyes were wide and i groaned.

"fuck, shit, i'm sorry. i didn't.. i didn't mean to do that, i know this is why we are here in the first place, but i just... oh my god, i'm sorry." i rambled.

"if i can't say sorry, then neither can you." she said, her face softening. i looked back up at her before she copied my actions.

her soft hand gently wrapped itself behind my neck as she pulled my head down to meet hers. before our lips met, she looked at me in the eyes and i could see all of the golden flecks that i missed so dearly. her lips were soft as she slowly moved them against mine and everything felt like it was going in slow motion and fast forwarding all at once.

she wrapped a leg around my own and she straddled me, placing her other small hand on my face. i barely knew what to do with my hands. I finally placed them on her hips. my heart was beating faster than i think it ever had before, and i thought i would almost have a heart attack when she slightly pulled away from me to pull her shirt off.

i swallowed hard before she began kissing me again, her hand trailing down to my pants.

***

this is such a long overdue update and it's really short iM SORRY bc this has gotten like 15k more reads since I last updated

im gonna update again tonight ok this time I promise U guys