0.2

**michael's pov**

'heYY'

'tara guess what'

'hey, we haven't hung out in forever. is everything okay?'

'happy birthday!'

'you're gonna die. all time low is gonna have a show here. we should get tickets.'

'hey'

i scrolled through all of the old unanswered messages i sent tara on facebook two years ago.

i pushed away from my desk in the small spinning chair and looked around my old room. band posters covered almost every inch of wall space.

i was surprised my parents didn't take them down.. every time my mom walked into my room she'd talk about how she hated how dark it felt while she tried to open my window or move my light to make it brighter.

tara would always giggle as my mom complained, nodding her head in agreement.

"i feel like i'm trapped in a cave." she'd say, but as soon as my mom left, she'd look around and smile. "a cool cave."

even though i was used to my nearly empty apartment in new york (no, it wasn't supposed to be modern. i just didn't have the money to decorate), the clutter in my old room felt comforting. i was surrounded by everything that reminded me of my high school years. 

and everything that reminded me of her.

she'd lay on my bed, her long, dark brown hair with blue streaks flared out underneath her as we watched new music videos from our favorite bands.

the same bands on the posters that we'd look at upside down as we hung off my bed, listening to albums and constantly pausing them to try and interpret lyrics.

now, her hair was chopped off up to her collar bones and was dyed light brown, her darker brown roots peaking through at the top.

she wore wearing dark lipstick and winged eyeliner.

she was curvier than her seventeen year old self.

she didn't grow an inch from the last time i saw her and i grew five.

she was beautiful.

she had always been beautiful.

my phone buzzed on my desk, saving me from thinking too deeply about her. i reached for it and when i unlocked it and squinted at the bright screen, i saw a text from ashton.

a: heyy.. why'd you leave with out saying goodbye ):

m: sorry, i was pretty tired. still jet lagged.

i couldn't stand to see her in his arms after what he said and did to her.

after everything he's said and done to her

a: sucks that the night you met luke he had to be a twat

a: i can't believe that two of my favorite people used to know eachother and i didn't find out until tonight! ugh

m: oh, tara and i? we were pretty close i guess

pretty close

a: awh ): what happened?

m: she started hanging out with other people haha. nbd though

i knew ashton pretty well and felt like i could talk to him about tara more in depth, but he was probably with her still, so i didn't want to risk it.