0.1

**tara's pov**

"i think he said his name was michael. he had lavender colored hair and an eyebrow piercing.. you'd be all over him." kate said across from me. "you know what? now that i think about it, he seemed familiar."

my mind flooded with memories at the mention of the name michael.

"clifford?" i questioned. she furrowed her eyebrows as if she was thinking.

"yeah, i think so."

"oh." i quickly said, my mood changing. "why are you telling me this, anyways? i have a boyfriend." i coughed out.

"yeah, and having a girlfriend has never stopped him." she muttered, swirling her straw around in her drink.

it was true.

my boyfriend was an asshole.

we had been 'going out' for nearly two years. he was the reason i was still here in the town that we all grew up in instead of at the art college in new york that i got accepted into.

i didn't know why we were still going out. he never took me out... we were barely even a couple.

i would rather not think of all the times i found evidence of him cheating..

yet here i was, sitting across from my best friend, waiting for him and the rest of the group.

that was the main reason i was still with him. if we broke up, i would most likely be shunned from our group of friends. and i was afraid to.

i didn't want to have all of my friends hate me like they did once before.

and the smaller reason was that no matter how much i hated to admit it, i kind of loved him deep, deep down.

"hold on. you were totally interested in him up until i said his name. what's up?"

"nothing, i just.. used to be friends with him in high school." i explained and she raised her eyebrows. "he changed, i guess."

"he changed?" she asked, chuckling. i glared at her, trying to seem intimidating but failed when i let a smile slide out. "sorry, sorry."

"he moved to new york after high school." i shrugged.

"well, he's back. weren't you supposed to go to new york?" she asked, but before i was able to answer, she spotted something. "hey!" she perked up and i slightly turned to see who she was greeting, even though i didn't have to.

ashton, luke, calum, and ally all arrived.

"who're you talking about?" luke said, sliding into the booth beside me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"michael clifford." kate answered the same time that i said "no one."

"well i hope that you weren't talking about michael aka no one for any specific reason?"

"luke.." i groaned. we already fought yesterday about a guy that sat next to me in English. i really wasn't in the mood to argue about some guy that i hadn't talked to since we got together.

ashton, calum, and ally all piled into the booth of our usual table. ashton sat next to luke and on the other side, kate, calum, and ally sat.

it was how we always did it. i would be squished against the wall with luke on the other side of me. it felt like i was being held captive, but then again, being with luke, i always felt like that.

ally was new to the group. she was incredibly sweet and pretty quiet. she was dating calum, and she replaced estelle.

i missed estelle. i still talked to her sometimes, but she was with a completely different crowd. and i was envious. she always hated luke and how he treated me. she'd always stand up for me, and luke hated her. they fought all the time, but one day, she suddenly stopped hanging out with us. supposedly there was a big fight.