2: hi nuggets

It was the of the sports festival and y/n did not have a ticket.

Y/n had been saving her money ever since she befriended Amajiki and after four years she still couldn't afford the cheapest ticket.

I should've know I couldn't afford a ticket. After all—this is the equivalent to the Olympics.

Having informed her boss about her day off today, y/n got ready.

If she couldn't buy her way in she might as well sneak in. She was able to blend in for a reason and she's not going to let her last opportunity pass. By next year, the security for the event would be too tight because of the USJ and All Might would be there which would only cause more of the press trying to get in. But the biggest problem of all would be Midoriya's attendance. Y/n can't afford being there if the world's protagonist was also in attendance.

Wearing a fast food employee uniform y/n put on a face mask. In this day and age it became more commonplace for people to wear face coverings due to their quirks and the fashion trends. Stuffing her change of clothes in her backpack, y/n made her way out of the apartment.

The traffic was usually a nightmare because of the event so y/n had leave early, with the amount of people trying to attend the sports festival one must be prepared, and by being prepared y/n must wake up hours before the event starts to take the cheapest train she could and make up an alias as an employee to be able to enter the arena. By the time y/n got to Musutafu it was still dark, navigating her way to the school y/n was stumped when she reached the doors.

"Why the fuck did they make the school so big?" y/n deadpanned.

The gates to the loomed over y/n average build and the large school building behind it didn't help with y/n's insecurities and self-worth.

"My school looks poor compared this." y/n thought depressingly, "How much funding do they even get? My school won't even get one tenth of the funding they get in a hundred years. I know that they have all of those fake cities that they rebuild after exercises and I know they can afford to have a ton of robots destroyed just for an entrance exam."

Y/n grimace at the thought of the entrance exam.

The entrance exam was rigged from the beginning for physical quirks while mental based quirks get swept under the rug. Y/n didn't know what Nezu was thinking with his 200+ IQ to make an exam that excludes mental based quirks (maybe this was his plan to prevent mental based quirks from progressing so it can be easier for him to take over the world with the most troublesome quirks out of his way).

Y/n thought of Shinso, he was one of her favorite characters form the series. Right now he was probably getting bullied and discriminated for his quirk. This caused a little prickle in y/n conscience, she knew things would get better for him in the future but having someone tell you the opposite of what society has been telling you your whole life would make a large difference.

But that wasn't y/n's place to say.

No, she must let the protagonist say that.

She wasn't a protagonist, she must let them have their spotlight and change the mindset of another character to prove how good of a person they are.

What a joke. Did you honestly think you'll be important? Stop dreaming y/n, you can't change what you are no matter what you do. You'll always be a side character, no—you're worse. You're a nobody background character in a world made for one person.

Breaking out of her depressing thoughts, y/n spot a crew of employees unloading supplies from the trucks. Y/n eyes scanned the area until she spotted a group of workers who had the same uniform as her.