08 | a dinner

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

"L-lord Ayato, I think that--" I started, trying to explain what happened to Lady Hiragi without making too big of a scene.

He gently touched my hair and tucked it behind my ear, pulling me into him and leaving me too shocked to speak. His cologne smelled so fresh, like lavenders. His neck was tilted slightly and his collarbone pronounced. His broad shoulders--

Wait, what am I doing?!  I tried to focus on Lady Hiragi but kept getting sidetracked by his closeness.

It wasn't like we hadn't ever been this close before, but being in front of someone made everything seem so different.

"Congratulations to you and your girlfriend, I do hope you're planning on marriage soon Lord Ayato, the whole of Inazuma is worried about the future Commissioner in the case that another catastrophe might turn into the worst for the Yashiro Commission."

"Thank you, Lady Hiragi. You are still so young, yet a budding flower can bloom so quickly in the Kanjou Commission, I send my sincerest approval to you and your advisors."

"By the way, Lord Ayato, you do intend on witnessing the Raiden Shogun at tonight's meal, don't you?"

"Why of course, there isn't much of a bother for me to come to events such as these anyways."

Lady Hiragi hummed and turned away with a brief wave.

"L-lord Ayato! I thought you were going to kiss me!" I shouted worriedly then forced a hand over my mouth.

Where had 'kiss' come from?!

"Shh, so eager aren't you? I have never intentionally searched for a bride to be wedded with but the Raiden Shogun has asked that we portray ourselves as partners for the sole purpose for you to meet her."

"Y-you're going to introduce me to her? In public?"

He sighed, "Of course not. The biggest news that should be relayed to the media and general public is that Lord Kamisato Ayato is in a 'formal' relationship, although sincerely, I do not share feelings for you and it is entirely false."

His nose twitched as if he were lying at the end but I couldn't help but feel a dagger drive itself down my heart.

"Why not? Is it because I'm not pretty?"

"Y/n, why do you think that? Who said you were not pretty? Just one fist of the Yashiro Commission is enough to wipe out a mountain range and I have two."

"N-no one...I just wonder why you had feelings for me in my previous life."

"I--" he turned his head down and covered his face with his hand while he blushed.

"Come on, come on!" I poked his cheek and he swatted away my finger.

"Y/n, try not to look so cute or I might fall in love with you too," he smirked and I jumped.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want me to describe every part of you that reminds me of her in full detail or should I save it for after the dinner so you don't feel sick over how lovey-dovey I can be?"

"H-Huh?! Are you a pervert?!"

"Y/n, be reasonable." He stood up and took my hand, leading me to the hall where hundreds of people were seated along a dining table with reserved seats for each guest.

"Where do I sit?" I mumbled.

Ayato sat down in his assigned chair and then guided me in front of him and I sat down between his legs. He played with my hair and called over a waiter, "My girlfriend needs a seat please."