14 | a daydream

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

Sunlight flooded through my eyelids as my shoulders felt a whisk of cold air sweep over their bare structure. I felt my skin, the surface of it feeling warmer than the shadowy outline in the pale comforter.

I reached out to search for the end of the mattress when my hand collided with another form of flesh. 

I rubbed it to see if I could feel anything and suddenly began to panic, thinking I had somehow grown an external organ.

"Y/n," A hand caught my grabsy fingers as it flinched in the sudden pressure. 

My eyes began to open, lightly at first.

"Open your eyes Y/n," A familiar voice chuckled.

I opened them, and my pupils shrunk in shock, "O-Oh! M-Master Ayato..."

I grabbed the blanket and pulled it to my chest, relaxing a little when I felt the strings of the spaghetti top tighten.

"I should probably go..." I said in fear.

"Wait, stay," Ayato's fingers wrapped around mine and pulled me next to him. 

I felt his arms wrap around my collarbone and grip both my hands as he pulled me into his chest and rested his chin atop my forehead.

"Ayato, if you don't mind...could you um...tell me what happened last night?"

"Y/n, you said you wanted to get married," He said without a sliver of hesitation.

"M-Me?! I proposed to you!?" My arms twitched underneath his muscles as my fingers began to feel jittery.

"I proposed to you, and you said yes."

I bit my lip, how was he so calm?! I felt like my heart was about to burst this close to him! I sucked in a long breath and heaved it out, trying to feel his heartbeat through my back.

Thump, thump, thump...

"I haven't even thought about an engagement gift though..." I mumbled and furrowed my brow, Ayato's interests had always circled around mine, I should have repaid him sooner!

"You can spend the day with Ayaka today to try and find something in the Inazuma market, merchants sell all kinds of interesting accessories there. Likewise, I will go with Thoma."

"Lady Ayaka...? It's really been so long since we've seen each other..."

He grabbed my shoulder and climbed on top of me, I tried to avoid staring at him and turned my head the other way.

"Y/n, go get dressed, you may also go look for a wedding dress."

"A-A wedding dress?! Ah- but so soon? I thought the wedding would at least be in four months or so..."

"It's next month."

My heart dropped, next month?! How was I supposed to tell my parents!? 

'Hey, Dad! I've run off to Inazuma and found a husband who is super rich and can totally rip mora out of his pants, just say the word!'

Archons, no.

And if I introduced it to him in a way that sounded humble or modest even, he would probably plan a whole trip for the next day just to meet Master Ayato and then my mother would invite the whole village!

I chewed my finger as Ayato kissed my cheek and got up to get dressed.

If Ayato saw any of the girls from my village, how could I be sure he wouldn't fall head over heels in love with one of them!?