16 | a wedding (1)

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

"Y/n! You're married!?"

I turned around, "M-Married?! I'm engaged! Soon-to-be married," I smirked. I didn't have to specify, but I wasn't single without anyone to brag about.

I hummed to myself happily.

It had been a long time since I'd enjoyed myself. For some part, it felt like I didn't deserve it.

"You...grew up fast," Kazuha blushed and turned his head away from me, "A-Anyways, I think you should get back to Inazuma since the festival is happening soon."

"I wanted to pick a few chili peppers this morning then I forgot I was in Inazuma."

"We have lavender melons, they're sweet and tangy."

"Like lemony? I'll have to try one..."

I bit my lip and envisioned Ayato walking me down the aisle with my hand lightly enclosed in his while his smile lit up the side of my face and congratulatory remarks came from the audience.

Ayato...I've missed you so much.

"Ah...Y/n? You're crying?! Oh no, did I make you feel too nostalgic?! Here, I'll wipe away your tears--"

"No need," I smiled, "It's just a memory from my past life."

"I never imagined I'd have an older sister again, but now it seems I'm older than you."

"I'm still more mature," I sighed. That was a bluff in some part. He leaned his head on my shoulder, "Never grow up so I can keep you safe."

Keep me safe...

I frowned.

He was so patient with me when I felt less like myself.

I enjoyed it.

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

"Y/n, you're back?" Ayato leaned against the headboard, his hand over his forehead casually.

"Ayato! Are you sick again? Are you burning up?! Was that why you pulled back the covers?" I quickly dropped my things to examine his chest.

I touched his collarbone slightly and he flinched, "Hey, you're cold."

"Cold? Oh! I'm sorry, you don't seem sick."

"I am sick, what do you mean?"

"I'm not falling for your lies this time! And just to spite you, I'll tell everyone not to come to visit you and lock you inside the room--"

He grabbed my arm and I flopped back on the bed so he could climb on top of me and laugh, "That sounds good, I can just stay here and be myself then."

"H-Huh!? Wait for a second--!" I launched myself upright and my forehead bonked against his.

"Ouch!" He rubbed his forehead and rolled over to the side. I faced him.

"Okay sleepyhead, I think that's enough, now we have to go prepare for the wedding--"

"Do we have to? We're signing the documents today which means we'll be legally married anyway...why can't we have a chat now?"

"I've never seen you so lazy!"

"That's because I'm sick!" Ayato pouted.

"Ugh, just get dressed." I stifled a giggle as he rolled over on his stomach and fell off the bed. I waited outside for him to get dressed. It took longer than expected.