13 | a paper wish

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

Little flowers swayed from side to side on the decorative edges of storefronts and awnings, blooming in tiny buds between the bright leaves. 

I dragged Ayato outside for an outing in the city, it was surprising how beautiful Inazuma was when the rain was gone. 

At least now I had enough time to focus on everything being at least a little bit less gloomy!

Thankfully, nobody there seemed to recognize me as the sour-looking person who had sloppily lined up in front of their stand to ask for a job.

"Hi...Oh! Commissioner, what may I have the pleasure of doing for you today?"

Ayato pointed to the tray of Dango, "Could I please have one of those to taste?"

"Of course!" The cheerful woman offered me a toothpick to taste and I cautiously put it into my mouth and swallowed it. It tasted sweet and mushy, I quickly swallowed the sticky rice ball and pointed at it.

"May I please have--"

"Could you get us ten of those?"

"Of course, Commissioner!" She suddenly began packaging ten sticks of Dango and handed it to him while he exchanged a sac of mora and she beamed at the sound of the coins jingling inside.

"T-Ten?! Why did you get us ten of those?" I was shocked as he handed the entire bag to me, "Are we saving some for Thoma and Lady Ayaka?"

"Do you not like it?"

I jumped and shook my head, "No, it's delicious! Just...I don't know if we could eat ten of them since we have so much other food to try too still..."

I pulled a stick from the bag and offered it to him.

He pushed my hand away, "No thank you, street food is...not what I'm used to."

"Street food?! Is this the kind of diet Thoma put you on? Is your blood sugar okay?" I touched his hand to feel for any signs of overheating.

He grabbed and pulled my hand into his and squeezed it, "I'm healthy, but I will likely throw up if I eat that."

I looked from him to the Dango and ended up shoving it into his mouth. 

He became startled and grabbed my wrist as I pulled it away with the bare stick still in hand, "Y/n-"

"Hey!" I wiped his cheek with the side of my hand and pulled away from him, squeezing his cheeks with both my hands, "Don't talk with your mouth full!"

His face turned red as I smiled and bounced away, stopping at another stand to try Sakura Mochi and paying for it myself. 

Once Ayato had swallowed the Dango, I shoved the Sakura Mochi into his mouth and made him eat that too.

"Imf goimf tfh geft sifck," Ayato squeezed his words through his inflated cheeks.

I giggled and kept filling his mouth with food until I was full. 

I was tired after eating so much food.

❛ ╯˚✧ . ˚ ⚘₊

I brought him to a stand where a woman was making and selling paper fans.

"Wow," I muttered as I watched her paint the golden streaks into the fan with childlike wonder.