Akward Rain Checks

"I'll meet you guys there

"I'll meet you guys there." Blakely said. "Just give me ten minutes to myself." She said and followed Henry and Emma out the door.

"Are you gonna fly there or something?" Emma asked.

"Actually, yes." She said.

Emma and Henry got in the car and drove away to Granny's inn where Neal was staying.

"Hey, kid." He said when Henry ran in. "How are you, guys?" He asked.

"Pretty good. I brought this." Henry held up his book. "I thought you could tell me what it was really like over there." He handed the book to his dad.

"Sounds good." He took the book. "I tell you what, why don't you run into the diner, get us three hot cocoas and we'll dive in." Neal handed Henry some money.

"I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that." Emma said.

- - -

After Tamara arrived they all sat down and ate bagels. The door suddenly opened and Blakely walked in.

"You got here fast." Neal pointed out.

"Yeah, I just flew here." Blakely dropped her coat on a nearby chair. Her sights turned to the confused woman sitting next to Neal. She saw Emma rapidly shaking her head. "Um...on a bus. Because that bus driver was hauling ass." Blakely lied with a nervous laugh.

Emma rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"Those bagels look good." Blakely sat down and started to make her a bagel.

"So, how'd you guys meet?" Henry asked to break the awkward silence.

"Um...well, I was super late to work, rushing like crazy, guzzling my giant coffee, when this guy crashed into me." Tamara chuckled. "Hot coffee soaked my blouse. There was no time to change, so Neal gave me his scarf to hide the stains. And he said I could keep it or call him if I wanted to return it."

"Im guessing you decided to call." Blakely said dryly.

"Well, we've been together ever since." Tamara made big eyes at Neal.

Blakely looked to her father. This was the woman he carried a ring for? She was pretty, but Blakely couldn't find what he saw in her.

"Sounds like fate." Emma tried for a tight smile and finished her bagel. It was the first three words she had said.

"I've gotta drop the kids off with their grandpa. Thanks for the bagel." Emma said.

"It was nice meeting you, Tamara." Henry said.

"You, too." She smiled and sipped her coffee.