ppl r a bit scary

The next morning comes a lot quicker than Kazuha would've hoped.

He no longer harboured the same amount of anger as yesterday so he supposes the sleep must've done him some good.

Maybe a little too good seeing as he managed to oversleep quite a bit.
On a normal occasion, he'd be absolutely obliterated for waking up late and being tardy for work.

However, yesterday had been anything but normal so it's only fair to cut himself some slack.

He lets out a small yawn and glances around the empty room. Even though the beds were left without their respective owners you can tell where who slept where based on how they left them in the morning.

For individuals like Thoma, the blanket was folded into a perfect square with no unnecessary creases or bends. Kazuha thinks he'll come in handy alot for things like housekeeping and such during these next few days.

Then there are people like Ayato whose bed was also made with the same perfection. Which was almost a little too identical to Thoma's hinting that he probably got the poor thing to make his bed as well.

And then…there's people like Itto whose blanket already has holes in it and the springs are sticking out of the mattress like thorns.

When Kazuha gets downstairs Gorou's the first one to greet him. He was still wearing his onesie from last night because the bathrooms must've been busy.
Which made sense since there were twelve of them and only one shower. Either way, the other teen still seems to be in a pretty chipper mood.

"Morning Kazuha!" He chirps. "Did you sleep well?"

Kazuha greets him back all the same but for the second part, he pauses before deciding that it's best not to mention the (very much annoying) conversation he and Scaramouche had last night.

"I slept pretty well. Thanks for asking. By the way, I like your pajamas."

Gorou's eyes light up like the sun. "Really?? Aw thanks, man! Yae said they make me look like I'm twelve…" Well, she did kind of have a point.

Kazuha won't dare say it out loud though. If Gorou thinks they're neat then who's he to tell him they're not?

"Oh! Also…" He shuffles his hand into his pajama pockets before taking out some sort of credit card. "This is for you. You went to bed before they were given out."

He hands it over to Kazuha and then on the way to the kitchen Gorou does his best to explain its purpose and how the whole thing is gonna work.

Okay so basically it was just like a normal card except it also wasn't. So it was a Paimoncard! (Named after none other than yours truly!)

Each contestant had their own and the money held inside is the equivalent to whatever the prize money is.

Anytime a purchase is made, for example, Ayato's from yesterday, the money will be deducted from all the accounts by a hundred times the market price. Whether you made the purchase or not was irrelevant.

"I know it seems bad but Kokomi says that if everyone is fair and honest it should work out well enough," Gorou says full-heartedly placing his trust in Kokomi.

Kazuha flips his card over and examines the little chibi icon of himself on his card. These terms and conditions were quite annoying but at the end of the day, it's just how the game rolls.
"You have a lot of faith in Kokomi, don't you?"

Gorou nods. At this point, they've arrived at the kitchen and a couple of the others happen to be there too. "I mean she was kind to me yesterday just like you so it makes sense to be."