Chapter 3

Yuta

What. A. Dumb. Motherfucker.

My brother was a fucking idiot and should know a lot better.One of these days, he was going to have what's coming to him; a fucking good beating.
Kang had always been the rebellious brother, and because he was the youngest, he thought he could get away with things. Up until now, my father turned a blind eye to almost everything he got up to, but now he'd finally had enough of Kang's behaviour, and he wasn't the only one.

I looked at my brother in distaste. "Nǐ zhīdào guīzé, Kāng. (You know the rules, Kang.) What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He smirked and fucking shrugged at me.

"Do you realise how stupid you're making us and yourself look?" I asked.

He ignored me and stared straight ahead.

I stood up and slammed my fist against the table. "You're not even fucking listening to me, are you!?"

He flinched but he still ignored me.

I give up.

I shook my head. "Húndàn." (Asshole)

Chen spoke from my right. "Did you think you weren't going to get caught? Is that it?"

I looked over to my left to see Kang lounging in his chair, drumming his fingers against the mahogany dining room table, a smirk playing on his lips."Kang!" I yelled.

Kang's icy blue eyes met mine. "What?"

"Chen is talking to you." I growled. "Don't be so fucking childish and answer him."

Kang rolled his eyes. "No, I didn't think I was going to get caught. I obviously didn't fuck her hard enough."

He never learns.

I chuckled. "You could have any woman you wanted to fuck from our organisation for free, but instead you choose to pay for sex with whores that are carrying god knows what. You're so pathetic."

Kang balled his fists. "Fuck yo..."

I waited for him to finish his jibe so I could grill into him more, but sadly my attention was drawn down the hall when I heard the door to my father's office opening and closing.

"Here we go." I muttered under my breath.

Very shortly, my father's guard entered the room and bowed. "You have been summoned."

Showtime.

********************

As soon as we entered our father's office, we bowed our heads in unison to greet him. He waited for his guard to close the door behind us, and took one long look at the three of us. He shook his head, grabbed the bottle of bourbon and poured it into his glass.

Beside me, Kang cleared his throat. "Father..."

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. Nobody spoke before our father.Our father puts up his hand to stop Kang from speaking any further. "Hold your tongue."

Immediately, Kang shuts up and bowed.

I opened my eyes to see father open his cigar box, pulling one out. He then sat down behind his huge desk in his red leather chair, glaring daggers at Kang.

My father grew more wrinkled each day. He looked as though he had too much skin to cover his wilting frame. The great Li Wei's face had lost all of its healthy golden colour, and had now faded to an ashy grey. He looked as though dust had begun to gather on his rotting body. It was a shame what age did to you. I remembered when my father looked like an incredibly powerful man. He had jet black hair, kept slicked back and wore specially made suits just for him. But now the Dragon Head had lost all of his youthful and handsome looks. He had kept himself clean-shaven over the years and was admired by countless women. I wish I could've seen the mountainous, strong-willed and merciful leader he used to be, but when I looked at him now, all I saw was a withered old man. These days, I wondered if my father was more scared of living or of dying.

Seeing him grow older each day fucking depressed me because I knew I was the one who would take his place when he'd die.

"I've just about had enough of repeating myself." Father muttered.

He had led an incredibly hard life running this family and half of the world. He belonged at the very top and everyone knew it. Our family was a part of a secret society involved in organised crime. My family and myself got involved in shit-tons of crimes like money laundering, prostitution, extortion and trafficking. My father was the leader of The Black Dragons and was based in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Macau, but now my father wanted to go bigger. It was the reason why we moved here. He wanted America.

My father gulped down all of the glass' contents and immediately refilled it. "Chen?"

He answered immediately. "Yes, sir?"

"Remind me why we have rules."

Chen cleared his throat before answering. "We have rules to avoid chaos because humans have a dark side. Rules and regulations are necessary to appropriately stop human activity."

I inwardly groan.

Ass kisser.

Chen continued. "Following the rules helps us protect our personal properties."

Father pinched the bridge of his nose. "Is that so hard for you to do, Kang?"

"Sir?" Kang mumbled.

Unexpectedly, our father slammed his palm down hard onto the desk. "How hard is it to follow the fucking rules!?"

Kang bowed as he apologised sincerely. "Duìbùqǐ." (I'm sorry.)

The Dragon Head that was my father growled at his youngest son. "Not yet, but you will be."

He stood from his chair, looked Kang straight in the eyes and backhands him. "You disgust me. The rules are there for a reason. I allow you and your brothers free rein to do whatever you wish, but only if you do not act ruthless and get caught. Getting drunk, doing drugs and fucking whores from the outside of this organisation puts me and my business at risk. Everything I've worked for will all vanish because of your careless actions. Now thanks to you, I'm already being watched by the cops."

Chen gasped. "Already? But we've not been here very long."

Father nodded disappointedly.

"How, father?" I asked.

"Him." He pointed at Kang.

I swivelled my head over and shook my head, while at the same time biting my tongue to stop me from saying something I'll regret later. Acting out in front of our father would not end well. For either of us.

Our father sighed. "Your youngest brother was caught doing cocaine with a hooker who turned out to be a cop working undercover. It was all caught on camera, and it's only a matter of time before the fucking cops come knocking on my door."

"Wouldn't be the first time." I muttered under my breath.

"She was a cop?" Kang stuttered.

Father glared at his youngest son. "Yes, you silly boy! She was a dirty cop!"

"Fuck." Kang murmured under his breath.

"Fuck is damn right." Father growled.

"If the cops come here, what will you do, father?" Chen asked.

Father sighed. "What I usually do when cops come sniffing at my door. I pay them off."

"And if they refuse the money?" Kang asks.

Li Wei shrugged. "Then, I'll send a few of my men and kill the families of every police officer in this state, and make them watch as their loved ones get shot in the head. Either way, they will accept my money."

How poetic?

If he said he was going to do something, then he was going to fucking do it. Just because he was old, doesn't mean he'd forgotten how much of a savage he could be.

Father sighed. "After taking care of unwanted business here, we'll have to move to our other location as soon as possible. Now, Kang?"

"Yes, sir?" Kang answered.

"When was the last time you saw that dirty cop?"

Kang tensed his jaw and hesitated.

Big mistake.

The second our father sees Kang hesitating, he releases a terrifying roar. "Answer me, Kang!"

Kang stuttered. "Last night, sir."

He looked at Kang with disgust then glanced over to the doors leading into the office and shouted. "Bring the fucking whore in here!"

Oh shit.

The gargantuan double doors immediately opened and held by the arms by two guards, was the woman Kang had been fucking. She's led inside the office, dressed in her undercover outfit; a red corset and black thigh-high boots. Black mascara fell down her face, making her look even more pathetic.

She whimpered as she came to a stop right in front of Kang.

"I'm s...so sorry." She whined. "Please don't kill me."

Kang didn't say anything to her. And so he shouldn't. No matter how much money you paid them to keep their mouths shut, you offer them a larger sum of money, and they're more than happy to share what they know about the new people in town. Kang was at fault because he told that dirty cop who we were and what we did.
That was why we didn't fuck whores on the outside. They were a liability.

Li Wei goes to his desk, opens a drawer and asks. "Is this her, Kang?"

He didn't hesitate this time. "Yes, sir."

Bang!

One shot was all it took.

The cop...whore or whatever she was, her limp body dropped to the side. Her sad, empty eyes stared back at me as blood poured out of the side of her head, and pooled around her raven coloured hair.

Beautiful.

I turned my head over and looked at my brother. Kang's face showed no remorse nor regret. In fact, there was no emotion there at all.

Li Wei threw the revolver back into the drawer, slammed it shut and dropped back into his chair. He took a sip from his drink and indicated to Chen and Kang. "Leave."

Chen and Kang bow at the same time and leave quietly out of the office.

"Get that whore out of my office and clean this shit up right now." He ordered the two guards and they instantly did as they were commanded.

It took them less than ten minutes to remove the body out of the room, and cleaned up all of the blood out of the carpet.

"Yuta?"

"Yes, sir?" I answered my father.

He indicated for me to come forward.

"Is everything well, father?"

His old, vacant eyes watched my every move. As soon as I stopped in front of his immaculate desk, he sighed. "Yuta, it is your duty to keep your brothers in line, especially Kang. He's getting out of control."

"What would you have me do, father?"

"Wúlùn nǐ xūyào zuò shénme. (Whatever you have to do) Do whatever means necessary to keep him in line." His look darkens. "Surely, you know what I mean by that?"

I nodded my head. "Understood."

Our eyes locked, and I knew what my father was telling me. If Kang overstepped again, I'd have to step in and teach him a lesson or two.

"Is that all, sir?" I ask.

He shook his head. "On top of all this shit with your brother, I have to figure out who's stealing my fucking cargo. This is the second time it's happened. I wonder if it's him that's doing it."

I narrowed my eyes. "We've only been here for six months. How do you know it's him that's doing it?"

"You know as well as I do how skilled "The Bull" is. He's not someone to take for granted."

"And have you found him?" I asked. "The sooner we catch him, the better."

He sneered. "If I knew where he was, I wouldn't be on my old pìgu (ass) doing nothing now, would I?"

I bowed. "No, sir. I apologise."

He waved me off. "You're excused."

For seventy-seven years, nobody had ever dared tried to steal any of my father's goods. Until now. Whoever this 'Bull' was, he had a fucking nerve.

I bowed and turned to leave but my father's voice stopped me.

"Wait."

I turned my head to look at my father. "Sir?"

He reached for the bottle of bourbon and poured himself another glass. "The whore's body will be put in the trunk of your car. I want you and your brothers to get rid of it. It's about time you three did some dirty work."

I bowed. "Yes, sir. Consider it done."