Chapter 12

Yuta

I kissed her. I fucking kissed her. I didn't even like her, let alone desired her. I saw her as nothing but a nuisance. A nuisance I could do very well without.
As soon as I left the room, I messaged my father to inform him of what had just occurred with Maggie with what she knew about our family.

Just as I put my phone back in the pocket of my slacks, I walked into the kitchen, and met the eyes of Chen and Kang who were sitting at the table. They both wore questionable looks on their faces.

"Wǒmen shénme shíhòu shìfàng tā?" (When will we release her?) Chen asks.

I hadn't even sat down yet and Chen was already interrogating me.

I sighed as I adjusted the cufflinks of my shirt. "As it turns out, we won't be releasing her after all."

I watched their reactions as I revealed the news and noticed two very different responses. Where Kang smiled as though I'd just given the best news ever, Chen turned away, looking far from pleased.

Chen sighs. "Wèishéme?" (Why?)

I grabbed a seat at the head of the table and after I made myself comfortable, I drummed my fingers on the wooden table. "She knows about us."

Kang snorted. "We already know that she saw us that night."

Kang never ceased to amaze me with his stupidity.

I looked over at Kang and glared. "Not about that, you idiot. She knows who we are, what we do, and our family history. That shit is classified. Nobody knows about our history except for us."

Kang's smile vanished, and in its stead comes a look of worry. "What?"

"You heard me, brother."

Chen lowered his head and shook his head. "She knows we're mobsters, is that it?"

I nod. "Shì, (Yes) she does and because of that she will have to stay with us."

"And have you spoken to our father about this?" Chen asks.

"I will when I have a minute to myself, or whenever father calls me back." I snapped.

"What do you think father will say?" Kang asks.

I shrugged. "I don't know. But if it was up to me, I'd say, let's just kill the bitch and get the fuck out of here."

There was an intense pause for a few minutes until Kang broke the silence with a laugh. "Didn't I say we should've just killed her the night she saw us? We wouldn't be having this problem right now if you had just listened to me."

"Kang, that was before she knew about our family history." Chen says softly.

He slams his hand on the table, drawing both mine and Chen's attention. "That shouldn't even matter! She saw something that no witness should ever see. People aren't supposed to know what we do."

I nod my head because for once, Kang was actually right. What our family did for a living was supposed to be a secret.

"Yuta?"

I look at my younger brother disinterested. "What?"

"Let's just kill her and get the fuck out of here!"

I glanced at Kang for a few seconds then chuckled. "How many times do I have to say this? It's not up to me what happens to her."

"It's not?" Kang asks.

"No. I'm not the fucking Dragon Head."

"Not yet." Chen murmurs.

Ever since I was young, I dreamt of being the Dragon Head. Years ago, when I found out what my father did for a living, I was shaken to the core when I saw how people created a path for him when he walked into crowded places. I watched in fascination as bankers, cops and judges kissed his ass. I knew right then and there what I wanted to do. I wanted to be like my father. It was in my blood to be just like him.

I smirked to myself. "All in good time."

Chen threw his hands up in frustration. "So, what? She's going to be a prostitute?"

I shrugged. "Either that or she dies. Either way, it's not my problem or anyone else's."

Kang licked his lips. "I hope she chooses to be a prostitute."

"Why?" Chen asks in curiosity.

I smile in amusement as Kang makes a V sign with his fingers, and puts them in front of his mouth, sticking his tongue out. "Because then I'll be able to fuck her anytime I want."

I put my hand up to stop his train of thought. "Don't do anything to her yet until I hear back from father."

"You called father?"

"I sent him a message." I replied.

Kang snorts. "You sent him a message?"

I glance at him. "Yeah, what's the problem?"

"There's no fucking way you'll be expecting an answer from father anytime soon. Do you know how busy he is? You'll have better luck sending his guard a message." Kang said.

********************

Hours later, I still had no word from father. Guess I was right about the fact that he didn't know how to use his phone. It's not like he ever used it because he never did.

I looked down at my phone for a whole minute, and when there's still no answer, I message Chen where I'm going and ask him to meet me there as soon as possible. I don't bother texting Kang because knowing him he'll be too busy fucking the prostitutes tonight. Fucking whores was the only fun thing to do in this place. I looked at my phone once again, and when nothing appeared, I put the phone away in my pocket and grabbed the car keys and headed home.

I had a decision to make.Do I keep the blue-haired beauty or suggest father to kill her instead?
"Decisions, decisions, decisions." I mutter.